Dare to be different: Lucy's Custom Paint (CAUTION:LOTS OF PICS)

dougie b

Reaction score
Hey guys and gals, as a little background to this post, I am an art student at the University of Miami, tirelessly building a portfolio to get my name out there for when i actually get thrown into the "real world" after college.

I found this hood on this forum which was being sold locally (xtweakerx thanks again), and decided to turn my baby "Lucy" into a rolling art piece....a rolling business card if you will.

By taking inspiration from Miami's own "Sharpie Lamborghini" and the "sharpie BMW," I decided to bite the bullet and attempt my own style of the sharpie paint job......so far the hood is done, however the plan is to have the piece flow over the roof and top lid of the trunk as well.

After nearly 15 hours of researching/sketching and finally painting, the hood is done, she still needs a little touching up, and a clearcoat to keep her safe (any recommendations for shops are greatly appreciated), but enough of the text, here is what you've been waiting for:

initial designs/layout/beginning process
IMG_1232.jpg

IMG_1236.jpg

IMG_1237.jpg

IMG_1239.jpg

IMG_1241.jpg

IMG_1246.jpg

IMG_1247.jpg

IMG_1248.jpg

IMG_1249.jpg

IMG_1251.jpg

dougie b

Reaction score
IMG_1252.jpg

IMG_1255.jpg

IMG_1256.jpg

IMG_1288.jpg

IMG_1289.jpg

IMG_1290.jpg

IMG_1291.jpg

IMG_1293.jpg

IMG_1294.jpg

IMG_1295.jpg

sorry i know some of the pics are blurry....they were all taken with an iphone so bear with me

dougie b

Reaction score
IMG_1296.jpg

IMG_1297.jpg

IMG_1300.jpg

IMG_1301.jpg

IMG_1302.jpg

IMG_1303.jpg

IMG_1304.jpg

hope i dont get flamed too bad....and for reference....im going for a boss style paint job.... just more....wild :beerdrink:

hope you like! any criticism is welcome!

bigwilly43729

I do stupid shit, a lot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
That's amazing considering that you did it with a sharpie. You will definitely garner attention with that hood.

If you could find a company that could make that into a giant peel away decal that you paint over, it would be sick. Or even mask off the design and paint it yourself.

Catalyst

Reaction score
Awesome. I would do that in a second if I had the patience/skill. Good luck with tit, I'm sure it'll be sick.

andyman

what a mess...
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!! Man that looks really good!!!!!!!!!!! the sketch of lucy is perfect too. the whole thing is flat out awesome!

Redfire_WNL

THE BEAST UNLEASHED!
Reaction score
The question is what do you call this piece of art, "Lucy"? or is there a proper term for it?

dougie b

Reaction score
The question is what do you call this piece of art, "Lucy"? or is there a proper term for it?

haha she'll stay untitled for now (maybe you guys can help me out with a name), the hood is technically part 1 of 3 to finish the car, however it will take some time, so keep checking the thread, ill add pics as soon as more gets done, and ill make sure to add pics once i get the hood on the car!

thanks for all the support guys, i really wasnt sure what everyone would think of it :beer:

Redfire_WNL

THE BEAST UNLEASHED!
Reaction score
Anything that looks different in a good way like this is good but just as long as you dont put stupid shit like transformers on it lol. I like then random stuff more then just focusing on one thing so i think you should keep it random like this the whole way.

alloy6ix

Wiener Dog Racer
Reaction score
Anything that looks different in a good way like this is good but just as long as you dont put stupid shit like transformers on it lol. I like then random stuff more then just focusing on one thing so i think you should keep it random like this the whole way.

Yeah, very true. lol. How about another theme for someone else's car like Gargoyles, The Tick, Beetle Borgs, or Beast Wars. LOL! I'd totally dig it! Beast mode ftw!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back