Help! Afco HE installed with a Saleen or E-force... Need hose/Pump routing suggestion

doogie

forum member
Reaction score
I am in the process of swapping out my stock E-force HE for a dual pass Afco unit and could use some input from those who have installed one on either a Saleen or E-force since both have similar hose routing set-ups (passenger side in, drivers side out).

Based on the passenger side fitting location for both the inlet and outlet along with the 90 elbow on the inlet, looks like I need to move my pump to the drivers side along with somehow routing the outlet back to the drivers side. I can probably figure it out, but I know some of you have done this, so hoping to get some insight before I spend too much time trying to make it work.

I bought this slightly used and it came with 2 sections of hose with 90 elbows... which should help along with maybe some couplers to tie these into the stock hoses. Is there anything else I might need?? Looks like the mounting bolts may be too short.

The top/front of the HE also seems to rest right on the rear of the bumper brace when I held it in its mounting location. Is this normal?

Any details, pics, etc would be greatly appreciated :beer:

TexasBlownV8

Formerly TexasBlownV6
Reaction score
Not a Saleen or EForce, but one a KB, where it's similar (psgr in, driver out).

With the Afco having both ports on the passenger end, I mounted my pump on the Afco unit itself, on the pump mount bracket between the center and driver side.

dont know if this helps any, it's the only pic I have uploaded tight now of the pump mount. Had to fabricate a mounting bracket as well.
http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd92/texmike_photos/KBic-inst-7.jpg

doogie

forum member
Reaction score
Looks like these mounting isolators are not easy to find as I called Afco and was told they are not listed as a separate p/n, which means I can not order them. I confirmed with Lethal since they are a dealer, so now I am off to check some local parts stores to see if I can find something that will work.

Open to suggestions if anyone knows where I might find something like these blue mounting isolators

grommets2.jpg

TexasBlownV8

Formerly TexasBlownV6
Reaction score
Just make some rubber isolators out of heater hose. Use large flat washers as shown.
Maybe use a lockwasher or two inside the hole to keep the bracket from moving.
You wont see it, and it'll do the job.

doogie

forum member
Reaction score
After a couple trips to Napa and Ace, got it all figured out. I will post up some pics later, but I basically just used 4 rubber bushings (1 in. O.D., 1/2 in. I.D.) along with 2 1 inch long by 1/2 inch O.D. steel spacers and cut them in half. Inserted the rubber grommets in the mounting bracket holes, then put the 1/2 inch steel spacers inside the grommet. It worked out great and it is all installed.

I also had to pick up a couple 90 degree 3/4 inch hose sections to get all the lines routed correctly.

doogie

forum member
Reaction score
After some online searching, think I found a nice solution to the hose routing issue with some 180 degree silicone heater hose elbows. And they are not much more than the price of 4 rubber 90 degree elbows like tmcolegr used as the one's I bought from Napa were $10 each.

doogie

forum member
Reaction score
Bad news as I just received a message indicating they are on back order and will not be in stock for a couple weeks. Guess I will need to fab up some 90 degree elbows for the time being.

Last edited:

doogie

forum member
Reaction score
Found another hose solution that seemed to work very well. When I picked up the first 2 90 degree hoses from NAPA, one was a little different (as pictured below). And when I started the hose routing, I realized this one has a much tighter radius than 90 and after cutting it right where the hose goes straight, it worked great and did not require a 2nd 90 (used this on the HE input along with a short piece of straight hose and a coupler connecting it directly to the pump). Think I am going to grab another one and use it on the other fitting in lieu of the 2 90's.

NAPA p/n 11605

hose.jpg

Last edited:

doogie

forum member
Reaction score
Update... after about 1.5 months of being backordered, the pair of 180 degree hose elbows finally showed up today. These look to be the perfect solution as they have a fairly tight radius as the 2 ends are ~ 3.25 in. apart and the elbow is 3.5 inch long.

Samco180degreehoseelbow_01.jpg

Samco180degreehoseelbow_02.jpg

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back