2011 5.0L 4V Mustang GT makes 653 rwhp. / 730 rwtq. with Hellion Power Systems Turbo

*JZ*

forum member
Reaction score
After testing today, we were able to make an amazing 653 rwhp / 730 rwtq at 15lbs of boost on 93 octane pump gas in a 2011 5.0L 4V Mustang GT with a MT-82 6-speed transmission. As a matter of fact, the car is stock with the exception of the Magnaflow Comp Axleback System.

We added a Kenne Bell Boost-a-Pump and the supplied 52# Injectors from Hellion to help with the needed fuel. Tune is very conservative and safe with only 15° of timing in the tuning.

More numbers are to come. But this is where we are as of right now. Thought it was pretty impressive.

254279_10150206427447982_597572981_7263772_120425_n.jpg

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score
Badass for sure, but can we see the rest of the graph? That powerband looks real short.

cm581978

forum member
Reaction score
<-------looks outside at 07 Shelby in the driveway, grabs for sale sign

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Badass for sure, but can we see the rest of the graph? That powerband looks real short.

I noticed that too. I think the rpm is just scrunched up for the graph, but cant tell completely.

I make about the same power on similar boost, but all that 5.0 needs is 2 or 3 degrees of timing, then that setup and would easily see 700+ rwhp.

Wnt2gofst

Banned
Reaction score
I noticed that too. I think the rpm is just scrunched up for the graph, but cant tell completely.

I make about the same power on similar boost, but all that 5.0 needs is 2 or 3 degrees of timing, then that setup and would easily see 700+ rwhp.
5th gear pull starting @ 2,000 rpm

Let out at 5,200 rpm do to the fact that our dynojet dyno isn't loaded. So we'll be completing our tuning by datalogging on the street.
I asked about it on modular.

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score
Let out at 5,200 rpm do to the fact that our dynojet dyno isn't loaded

I asked about it on modular.

I'm not buying it. That torque curve was falling fast. I mean if he did let out at 5200, it was because the hp was taking a dive anyway.

Is it possible that Hellion kit is restrictive in the upper RPM on a Coyote?

Bullitt357

forum member
Reaction score
I'm not buying it. That torque curve was falling fast. I mean if he did let out at 5200, it was because the hp was taking a dive anyway.

Is it possible that Hellion kit is restrictive in the upper RPM on a Coyote?

Seriously? It doesnt matter where the power is. A procharger only makes power at high rpm, so guys put gear in to keep the rpm up. Turbos make more low end power, so keep the rpm lower in the power band. Thats why turbos dont need gear. Hp is hp, regardless of the rpm.

Sounds like a hater to me........ I think it looks great.

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Seriously? It doesnt matter where the power is. A procharger only makes power at high rpm, so guys put gear in to keep the rpm up. Turbos make more low end power, so keep the rpm lower in the power band. Thats why turbos dont need gear. Hp is hp, regardless of the rpm.

Huh? Turbos make more everywhere power lol

Looking at the graph again nothing makes sense, the torque parallels below the power curve which is really odd. Turbos dont just make more peak torque they always hold more torque than power throughout most of the curve especialy low to mid. The numbers displayed do not match the graph at all. Unless the scale is really really scewed.

Also do those number make sense for 52lb injectors? Im close to maxxing out 60s with the same hp.

Last edited:

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score

No hater here, I'm actually a big turbo fan and have owned numerous turbo mustangs. I'm not comparing that graph to anything either, simply stating the hp and torque were diving fast. That graph isn't pretty, the curve is short. I'm not making that up.

Last edited:

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
This is whats odd to me. If peak torque is the green line at 730 and peak hp is the red line below it at 653. Then zero on that graph would be where the big blue line is at the bottom.

11turbo.jpg

lostsoul

2014 vett or 2015 stang..
Reaction score
This would totally blow away procahrger if this is on the up and up and on a stock block.. .. cant wait for the rest of the info.. maybe the turbo location is not a bad thing.. haha

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back