2011 5.0L 4V Mustang GT makes 653 rwhp. / 730 rwtq. with Hellion Power Systems Turbo

RedfireGT

forum member
Reaction score
This is whats odd to me. If peak torque is the green line at 730 and peak hp is the red line below it at 653. Then zero on that graph would be where the big blue line is at the bottom.

11turbo.jpg

hp and tq have 2 totally different scalings on the graph. the left side is usually the scaling for the HP and the right side is usually the scaling for the TQ. Never scaled the same, or from what ive seen

Towelly

forum member
Reaction score
Nice peak numbers, but I would like to hear the whole story.

Last edited:

*JZ*

forum member
Reaction score
You guys are too funny.

Just like I stated over on MF. We let out early b/c of the fact that our dynojet dyno doesn't have the load setting on it. So once it got to a certain level it would stop reading, hints why you the the graph go a little crazy. The numbers are accurate up to the point where we let out. Now that we've gotten that far with the tuning, we are going to have to take it down the track and data log to finish the tuning on this car. We used the dyno for the base file, driveability and mid range tuning. This is a powerful car and there is no restrictions on the Hellion kit.

So everyone just relax and stand by for results. Everyone is so eager to get butt hurt and jump on the bash bandwagon.

BMWM3

Always Online
Reaction score
These new 5.0's are something serious.... My friend and I got into big discussion just the other day i'm trying to convince him to finish building his motor and upgrading the fuel system and handling on his car.... to achieve the 650ish horsepower that he wants on street. His argument was that the money he is going to spend almost isn't worth it when he can just sell all the bolt-ons he has, his supercharger, body parts, suspension parts, and sell the car and probably net around 20k total from all the sells and then go get a 5.0 used for around 25 range and spend some money on used supercharger and hit the goal easier and alot quicker in time.

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
hp and tq have 2 totally different scalings on the graph. the left side is usually the scaling for the HP and the right side is usually the scaling for the TQ. Never scaled the same, or from what ive seen

Yes I have the dynojet winpep7 software, you display two graphs on the same axis one on each side but they always have the same scale, unless you spend alot of time messing with the settings and try to force a different scale. Which would scew the results. Take a look at dyno graphs they all default to the same scale.

Obviously the graph leaves alot of question since you cant see the entire graph and it appears to be scewed for some reason.

Here is one of my 16psi graphs, she makes another 20hp if you rev to 6800.

zzz.jpg

Last edited:

r.barn

forum member
Reaction score
Wonder why the power is falling off so soon........ that dyno pull is stopping at apx. 5,500 rpm, correct ?
Sorry, just saw your dyno jet cutting out answer. My bad. Never mind

Car should easily make 800+rwhp at 15psi and 7,000rpm ... IMO

KnUckles

forum member
Reaction score
Impressive numbers. I love my 09 GT, but damn. It's shit like this that makes me want a 5.0. I have to admit it..

TurboPete

forum member
Reaction score
Wonder why the power is falling off so soon........ that dyno pull is stopping at apx. 5,500 rpm, correct ?
Sorry, just saw your dyno jet cutting out answer. My bad. Never mind

Car should easily make 800+rwhp at 15psi and 7,000rpm ... IMO

Stock Heads and Cam , besides you do not need to turn the motor 7k . The only reason you turn a motor 7k up is for air flow which equals hp. N/A and S/C cars require this to make power. The more RPM the more boost on a S/C car . Turbo cars do not need rpm's to make power . There is no need to dyno at 7k , besides if you notice the hp starts to drop . This is because of air flow not b/c a Hellion Kit is restrictive as someone else had mentioned.
I have stock heads and stock cams I do not turn the motor past 6100 to 6200. The power starts to drop because of air flow .
I made 836 rwhp/ 848 rwtq at 22.6 psi's , Im now able to turn it up as high as 26.6 so if I had to guess I would say its gotta be close to 900 rwhp and 9xx ftlbs. Still no higher then 6100.
BBR's numbers are on Pump 93 gas , put c16 in it and 19* to 21* of timing and the car will make 700hp easy.
Thats also a 67mm Billet Wheel , go with a 74mmbb or 76mm and it will pick up another 50hp across the entire band at the same boost .
Hey John what back a/r is that a .81 or .96. I would think the .96 would work well on the 5.0s with these 4v heads should pick up a ton in the back half.

Pete

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score
The only reason you turn a motor 7k up is for air flow which equals hp. N/A and S/C cars require this to make power. The more RPM the more boost on a S/C car . Turbo cars do not need rpm's to make power . There is no need to dyno at 7k ,

Pete

I agree... For a drag car. For those of us who like open track and other events that require a nice broad powerband we want RPM.

Bullitt357

forum member
Reaction score
A broad range in usable RPM.

I think any combo can do well in any application if it makes power, regardless of the RPM. I know of 4 cyl cars that turn 9k on the street, but they only make 400 hp. A v8 that runs at 6k making 600+, if driven right, should beat the lower hp setup. I think it just depends on the gearing.

Just my 2 cents

KungFuHamster

forum member
Reaction score
You guys are too funny.

Just like I stated over on MF. We let out early b/c of the fact that our dynojet dyno doesn't have the load setting on it. So once it got to a certain level it would stop reading, hints why you the the graph go a little crazy. The numbers are accurate up to the point where we let out. Now that we've gotten that far with the tuning, we are going to have to take it down the track and data log to finish the tuning on this car. We used the dyno for the base file, driveability and mid range tuning. This is a powerful car and there is no restrictions on the Hellion kit.

So everyone just relax and stand by for results. Everyone is so eager to get butt hurt and jump on the bash bandwagon.
agreed John.
i thought the power looked rather peaky myself, but i figured someone would see it and call it out and then wait for an explanation. if you guys shut 'er down at 5,200 then i would say that suffices for me as a very logical explanation. cant wait to see how it goes after you guys get this thing all ironed out.

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score
I think any combo can do well in any application if it makes power, regardless of the RPM. I know of 4 cyl cars that turn 9k on the street, but they only make 400 hp. A v8 that runs at 6k making 600+, if driven right, should beat the lower hp setup. I think it just depends on the gearing.

Just my 2 cents

Again, yes for a drag car. Not a track car.

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Stock Heads and Cam , besides you do not need to turn the motor 7k . The only reason you turn a motor 7k up is for air flow which equals hp. N/A and S/C cars require this to make power. The more RPM the more boost on a S/C car . Turbo cars do not need rpm's to make power . There is no need to dyno at 7k , besides if you notice the hp starts to drop . This is because of air flow not b/c a Hellion Kit is restrictive as someone else had mentioned.
I have stock heads and stock cams I do not turn the motor past 6100 to 6200. The power starts to drop because of air flow .
I made 836 rwhp/ 848 rwtq at 22.6 psi's , Im now able to turn it up as high as 26.6 so if I had to guess I would say its gotta be close to 900 rwhp and 9xx ftlbs. Still no higher then 6100.
BBR's numbers are on Pump 93 gas , put c16 in it and 19* to 21* of timing and the car will make 700hp easy.
Thats also a 67mm Billet Wheel , go with a 74mmbb or 76mm and it will pick up another 50hp across the entire band at the same boost .
Hey John what back a/r is that a .81 or .96. I would think the .96 would work well on the 5.0s with these 4v heads should pick up a ton in the back half.

Pete

Yeap depends on the setup Pete. You can see my graph above, I have the 127300 cams and frpp manifold and still use vct. My turbo setup makes power all the way to 7k rpms even with the .68 ar housing.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back