white smoke from exhaust

VTXFrank

Obama SUCKS!
Reaction score
Which tune are you running? Is it the cammed tune? Light oil burning will cause white smoke and so will water in the cylinders. I doubt it's water though because that would indicate a blown head gasket.

When I run the cammed tune, after a long time idling in traffic, I can get one whiff of white smoke getting on it after sitting there. But I don't get that at all running his tune without the cammed effect.

Rob72

No Japanese Mustang Here
Reaction score
If your car is not a daily driver condensation can build up it the exhaust pipes and temporarily cause white smoke till it's burned off.

VTXFrank

Obama SUCKS!
Reaction score
I got a funky smell the first time I started her up after loading the Cammed tune. But I don't have cats anymore either.

Load up the Lund non-cammed tune and see if she still smokes. Otherwise, cll/email him for some help.

Wicked GT

OCD with ADD...
Reaction score
General rule of thumb:

White Smoke - Radiator Fluid
Grey Smoke - Oil
Black Smoke or Burning of the eyes - Fuel is Rich

I would keep an eye on it and check your radiator fluid to see if maybe you have a small leak in a head gasket or something. Probably just condensation as Tom said if it happens right when your first start driving it, if you warm it up and then it happens it doesn't sound to me like condensation.

notastockdohc

forum member
Reaction score
General rule of thumb:

White Smoke - Radiator Fluid
Grey Smoke - Oil
Black Smoke or Burning of the eyes - Fuel is Rich

I would keep an eye on it and check your radiator fluid to see if maybe you have a small leak in a head gasket or something. Probably just condensation as Tom said if it happens right when your first start driving it, if you warm it up and then it happens it doesn't sound to me like condensation.

Agree, if it's white smoke and smells funny (almost sweet smelling) it's antifreeze. Either got a head gasket issue head cracked or possible block crack. But it only take a small amount to make alot of smoke.

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Is there oil in the coolant or coolant in the oil? (If there is coolant in your oil, the oil will resemble a chocolate milkshake.)

Rob72

No Japanese Mustang Here
Reaction score
I only drive my car twice a week and I have noticed drops of water on the inside of the exhaust tips after a few minutes of the initial start. My friend commented about white smoke blowing out my exhaust on the hwy when he was behind me. I just performed a dry compression test and everything was fine there. If it is humid where you live it is very likely it is just condensation.

gil_t2

Love Nitro in the Morning
Reaction score
Looks like someone else is off to the dealership for repair, Delete all evidence!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back