Black Painted Wheels

chrismakk69

forum member
Reaction score
What do you guys do to keep your painted wheels looking new and keeping their deep color?

Do you seal and wax? Do the same rules apply to wheels as to body paint? I've used some diablo wheel cleaner (super diluted) to get brake dust and clean it up real good but I've never done any type of sealant/wax on it and I feel like they could use a nice touch up.

nickk678

forum member
Reaction score
I'd like to know this as well. I am getting my wheels stripped and re-painted over the winter and would like to know how to maintain them as well.

I use Wolfgang's cleaning kit to clean the wheel, but would like to know how to protect it after.

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
If you're going down the resin path, nothing can beat a nano resin for paint / surface protection. Products like AQuartz, Opti-coat etc.

If you're sticking with synthetic sealants, look at products like Blackfire Wet Diamond, or Rejex.

I'd go with the nano resins though, they protect around 18-24 months and are not chemical based, so they do not wash off as well as create a secondary layer of hardened protection.

Last edited:

Bodam

forum member
Reaction score
Just got some black Ford Racing wheels, so I need something also. Was just gonna Zaino AIO them

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
Just got some black Ford Racing wheels, so I need something also. Was just gonna Zaino AIO them

Rejex, or if youre going to use a nano coating, use that instead.

When it comes to protecting wheels it looks like this

Any Nano Coating > Rejex > All other sealants (for wheels)

John@Lethal

Official Vendor
Reaction score
I typically just use Rejex on nearly every surface on your car. If you end up using something like Opti-Coat, check with Dr. G (Owner of Optimum Polymer Technologies) on how durable it'll hold up on wheels against brake dust. I know for paint it's claimed to be permanent unless polished off. There are some 1 year+ tests out there that hold true to that so far.

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
hmm, maybe I will try Rejex. Where do I get it?

Autogeek, detailersdomain, detailedimage

Lethal also sells it, but theyre like $5 more expensive than everyone else, unless they just changed their pricing.

Bodam

forum member
Reaction score
I'd buy it from Lethal if they would send me a damn sticker, lol

John@Lethal

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Lethal also sells it, but theyre like $5 more expensive than everyone else, unless they just changed their pricing.

We sell the 16 ounce bottle, which is exactly how much the other sites sell it for. We stay competitive or right on point with any of the other online stores. Not to mention the 15% OFF I'm offering the members here, and we're a supporting vendor. Win/win if you ask me.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back