High lift cams for a 2.4L Whipple HO Kit

L8R_SON

Whippled
Reaction score
Ok, I have a 2.4L Whipple HO kit on my stock 3v 4.6L motor. I have the muthr thumpr 2 cams but I guess this cams weren't really meant for my setup. Yeah, it is driveable but I'm making 9MPG. I'm thinking of changing the cams with the same lopey sound I'm having now to a new cam that will best fit my current setup.

Can you guys suggest something?

AbdullaGT500

forum member
Reaction score
The 9 mpg sounds like you have bad driving habits or your tune is terrible. As for a 2.4 Whipple, I guess you mean 2.3? Get some blower 127350 cams or comp 127300 cams.

YoungPony

forum member
Reaction score
I'm using COMP 127550 on a stock bottom end with a Whipple 2.3L. Sound really good and driveabilty is good, but most would consider that to be in the tune and I would be one to agree. Even with a moderately heavy foot I still get 12-14MPG around town and 20-24MPG on the freeway. I would bet it's not the cams that are giving you the bad gas mileage though.

L8R_SON

Whippled
Reaction score
I'm guessing it's the tune also. You're right YoungPony, from a 14mpg-9mpg is a big leap. Even though you have an iron foot, you can't do that big jump of mpg's. I think the tuner made it so lean because I can smell gas fumes so much inside my garage when I'm warming it up. So much fumes that I can't stand it.

Btw, took them almost a month to tune it and said my cams weren't meant for my setup. Hey YoungPony, can you ask your tuner if he can do an email tune to mine? This gas mileage is hurting me so much considering my alternative car is an H2. LOLZ

AbdullaGT500

forum member
Reaction score
You mean too rich. Rich=too much fuel
Who did your existing tune? Contact Lito, he's a member on here who can tune it for you via email/datalogging. If it took someone a month to tune it I would have went and picked it up before letting them touch it.

YoungPony

forum member
Reaction score
I'l have to agree with AbdullaGT i've heard nothing but praise about Lito's tunes. Do you have a wideband a/f gauge? I just pm'd you.

L8R_SON

Whippled
Reaction score
I don't have a a/f gauge.

I will contact the person you pm'd me YoungPony. Thank you

AbdullaGT, can you give me some more information about this Lito? Thanks

YoungPony

forum member
Reaction score
An A/F gauge is a good thing to have especially on a boosted car, I would recommend getting one. It would also let you see if you are running really rich, which would cause your horrible gas mileage.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back