Accufab 85mm T body Test results (Real Deal) NA

Matt D

S197 Pilot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Put the car on the roller today to prepare the car for florida. Made a few pulls and then swapped to the new 85mm T body from Accufab. I was expecting 5hp at most and would of been happy with that.

IMG-20120228-01218.jpg

IMG-20120228-01221.jpg

So withen 10 mins I made the pull with the T body (no changes made to the tune). Red line is the after results. The mid range pick up is insane and the torque shot up even with the boss intake I was shocked.

IMG-20120228-01222.jpg

Very happy with the results, this is a major game changer for the boss intake users worried about what they lost in the low / mid range. We are talking 20hp mid range and just over 20 flbs of trq!

Last edited:

Matt D

S197 Pilot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
that really is impressive from a throttle body...even if it is 600bucks.

^ This

I remember buying my twin 62mm T body for my 3 valve for just over $600 when they first came out. For a 2-3hp gain across the board lol..

KonaGT

forum member
Reaction score
And this was with no changes made other than bolting it on?

Are you going to try and tune for more gains?

Matt D

S197 Pilot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
And this was with no changes made other than bolting it on?

Are you going to try and tune for more gains?

Correct nothing changed on the tune (I had it pretty dialed in prior to T body install). When I get back from florida I will play with the Vct some more I am just out of time. Leaving tonight for a long drive.

08StangGT_CS

forum member
Reaction score
Correct nothing changed on the tune (I had it pretty dialed in prior to T body install). When I get back from florida I will play with the Vct some more I am just out of time. Leaving tonight for a long drive.

Nice. That's even more impressive. Did not tuning mess with the A/F or anything else?

Maybe I'll get one and just throw it on there.

KonaGT

forum member
Reaction score
That is awesome. I talked to George at accufab about these a while ago and I almost called bs over the phone but now there is some proof. When do you plan to hit the track again?

Did you buy it direct or from a vendor?

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Wow those results are so good why even touch the tune? Looks good to me!

Matt D

S197 Pilot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
That is awesome. I talked to George at accufab about these a while ago and I almost called bs over the phone but now there is some proof. When do you plan to hit the track again?

Did you buy it direct or from a vendor?

I am a dealer direct. Anyone who deals with accufab will be able to sell you one. I am headed to Florida this week to lay down some Et numbers.

Matt D

S197 Pilot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Nice. That's even more impressive. Did not tuning mess with the A/F or anything else?

Maybe I'll get one and just throw it on there.

I didn't adjust the maf table at all after the T body install. But I would always recommend checking air fuel.

Last edited:

COYO TT

Stangless
Reaction score
^ This

I remember buying my twin 62mm T body for my 3 valve for just over $600 when they first came out. For a 2-3hp gain across the board lol..

Yea...didn't mean for it sound like I was saying it was overpriced...we all know staying NA isn't cheap. How much do you sell it for as a vendor?

This intrigues me as I have been tossing around the heads cams intake route in my head

Wicked97

forum member
Reaction score
nice we wanted to get one and try it on Joes car(the 9 second NA beast) just had not got around to it yet!

good luck in FL Matt Make sure you stop by the JPC pits and say whats up!

08StangGT_CS

forum member
Reaction score
I didn't adjust the maf table at all after the T body install. But I would always recommend checking air fuel.

Cool. I'll talk to the guy doing my tuning about this. I think it would go great with my combo.

nice we wanted to get one and try it on Joes car(the 9 second NA beast) just had not got around to it yet!

good luck in FL Matt Make sure you stop by the JPC pits and say whats up!

I'm running almost exactly what you all have in your "Top Dog" package (Except different brand everything) so I think this would complement my car well!

Uhhhh, what!!! Group buy anyone?? I'm definitely in!

I'm in depending on what the tuner says!

v-rod

Reaction score
How do you think that throttle body would work with the Boss intake on an auto?

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back