02APR15 test & tune - Sumerduck Dragway, VA

lindertw

forum member
Reaction score
DA was in the +1200 range throughout the night, and track prep was so-so (definitely not MIR in the fall).

I picked up a few things this winter (4.56 gears, diff 3rd link poly bushing, steeda cmdp's, prothane shifter busings, adj rear sway bar), and only managed to install the sway bar and shifter bushings. CMDP install and race tune is scheduled with JPC late May. I'll probably wait until the fall to install the 4.56's.

whiteline rear sway bar
rear_sway_install_zpsb1gmcoax.jpg

I've been considering a race anti-roll bar, but I'm not yet ready to commit to welding tabs for the downlinks to the axle tubes, so I chose this route to experiment. At worst I can remove it and sell it. I was pleased to see the whiteline bushings are now black, instead of yellow. The downlinks were anodized gold, so I painted them black to blend in.

Aside from the rear sway bar, no changes to the suspension setup this outing: front struts full loose, rear shocks +7, rear tire pressure 15psi, launching off the limiter at 6500 rpm (car 11, right lane). Given the DA and so-so track prep, I'm ok with the results.

2015-04-02%2023.32.47_zpsy2x2ivuo.jpg

The car in the left lane was a 2014 camaro SS 1LE; found his setup on another forum. Beautiful car that sounded nasty, but >500rwhp/tq on street tires is less than optimal...

I'm probably done until the fall - our kids sports start next week and my free time will be non-existent.

1camwonder

Reaction score
Good stuff lindertw. Are you still on the stock clutch and shifter? For $17 bucks were the shifter bushings worth it? I like your approach on sorting the suspension before making power. Trying to follow your same approach myself. Keep the time slips coming!

lindertw

forum member
Reaction score
Are you still on the stock clutch and shifter? For $17 bucks were the shifter bushings worth it?

still rocking the OEM clutch/shifter/2pc drive shaft. No issues with the bushings - they seemed a little notchy driving around town, but they worked well at the track. I think it was $17 well spent (prothane 6-1611-BL on amazon).

My first pass last night had a better 60' (1.617), but I let off when I hit third - I mainly wanted to get a feel for the new rear sway bar.

Last edited:

lindertw

forum member
Reaction score
steeda cmdp installation and race tune at JPC yesterday; I'm pretty stoked to get back out to the track once it cools down.

k&n cai
steeda udp's
steeda cmdp's
p/s delete belt
frpp shorty headers/gta axle back (oem h-pipe with cats remain)
4.10's

stock throttle body/intake manifold/heads/cams

jpc_tune_zpslxazduen.jpg

forum member
Reaction score
Why wait? Tell the family you need a night off and go racing.
Nice numbers. Keep us posted.

Back