05-14 Fuel System Wire Upgrade Kit

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
I think I wanna go ahead and order this ...

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Let me know when you are ready and I will give you the paypal info, thanks~

Pentalab

forum member
Reaction score
I just installed mine, excellent kit, well put together, and superb quality. IF I have the story correct, the FPDC as displayed on my aeroforce gauge (plugged into OBD port) will indicate exactly one half of the actual FPDC ? IE: "40" on the digital gauge is really a 80% FPDC. I was hitting "48" and "49" at the top end of 2nd + 3rd gear last summer, ( hit the rev limiter, set to 6250 on my 2010 auto + M90 blower.) It's now down a bit.

This wiring mod allows for some wiggle room, in cases where the FPDC is almost maxed out with oem fuel pump. Dropping it from 96-98%..down to 86-88% means I don't require a BAP, nor a bigger pump. IF a BAP was going to be installed, I'd do this wiring upgrade anyway. A BAP is just an unregulated 11-14 vdc input with a regulated 17 v output. With the 10 ga wire installed via this kit, the BAP will draw less current on the unregulated input side.

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I just installed mine, excellent kit, well put together, and superb quality. IF I have the story correct, the FPDC as displayed on my aeroforce gauge (plugged into OBD port) will indicate exactly one half of the actual FPDC ? IE: "40" on the digital gauge is really a 80% FPDC. I was hitting "48" and "49" at the top end of 2nd + 3rd gear last summer, ( hit the rev limiter, set to 6250 on my 2010 auto + M90 blower.) It's now down a bit.

This wiring mod allows for some wiggle room, in cases where the FPDC is almost maxed out with oem fuel pump. Dropping it from 96-98%..down to 86-88% means I don't require a BAP, nor a bigger pump. IF a BAP was going to be installed, I'd do this wiring upgrade anyway. A BAP is just an unregulated 11-14 vdc input with a regulated 17 v output. With the 10 ga wire installed via this kit, the BAP will draw less current on the unregulated input side.

:beerchug2:

That lowered amp pull also lowers heat output of the pump so less wear on the pump and less heat in the fuel. Is definetly an important part of the puzzle when improving your fuel system!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back