94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
buy it and try it, but the live axle works for me pretty well heh

SoundGuyDave

This Space For Rent
Reaction score
I'm no expert on IRS setups, but a lot of those load-bearing tubes have big bends in them, and that alone would make me nervous. It's pretty, but I think I would have to throw the "bling" flag at it.

foolio2k4

forum member
Reaction score
yeah that things been around forever. I remember seeing it almost a year ago on ebay. It doesnt look like a stout system.

Ken04

gm troll basher
Reaction score
'show car' normally isn't 'go car'. Pretty, but built for the SEMA show. I'd think if it was a smokin deal and a stout enough part to go racin someone would own it by now.

sqidds

Banned
Reaction score
It would be far less expensive to get the IRS out of a 03-04 Cobra and modify it to bolt in, which is no big deal. The cars composure would improve dramatically with the IRS too. I miss my 03’ Cobra a lot, I never should have sold it. The IRS was very, very nice. An added bonus of IRS is you don’t need to deal with driveshaft vibrations/harmonics like you do with a solid axle.

I have been wanting to pick one up forever but I am so busy it will be quite a while before something like that happens.

The downside is that if you are making 450rwhp the IRS will need axles, bushings, etc. they already have 3.55’s in them already though which is ice,

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back