07 gt 2.6 kenne bell @ 20psi

94_cobra

forum member
Reaction score
Car was making 12.5-13 psi on 3.25 pulley and stock replacement 8 rib crank pulley.

Now I have a 2.75 upper and its touching 20psi up top.

Is it even effecient there? What's this all mean basil??

I believe I am under the 18,000 rpm limit of the blower

sdleo29

forum member
Reaction score
It means your IAT's are probably stupid high and your more than likely pulling a ton of timing after the first pull. I have the same blower, but moving to a dob setup

94_cobra

forum member
Reaction score
It means your IAT's are probably stupid high and your more than likely pulling a ton of timing after the first pull. I have the same blower, but moving to a dob setup

I just looked at their 3.4 crusher kit... holy shit I want that!! but $12k isn't in the works lol

TexasBlownV8

Formerly TexasBlownV6
Reaction score
I removed my KB with that size of a pulley, and with ARH LT headers and cams, I was pushing over 18 psi. IATs were always a problem from a stop, only better when good air was flowing over the gt500 heat exchanger. But even then, they'd get down only into the 160-170 range. Methanol injection helped get the IATs lower.

Twin turbos now, no regrets, nice IATs; although I miss the instant torque from the KB.

08sta

Reaction score

whats your reason for moving to the DOB set up?

Marble

forum member
Reaction score
My 2.6 seemed to run cooler and more efficient around 15.5 psi rather than the 18-19 I swapped to.

The 2.6 IMO is a good blower for someone not wanting to make big power. The H version may be better, and the larger mammoth versions definitely are. But the TVS and whipple seem to have it beat in the higher psi applications.

I'm switching to a PTE 7675 GT42 now so we'll see.

sdleo29

forum member
Reaction score
whats your reason for moving to the DOB set up?

It's not going to make anywhere close to 700 on a 3V. I bought the blower thinking I would be happy making 500 to the wheels, low 11 second street car. That lasted about 2 months, and a few times hanging out with terminator guys making 600+. The DOB intercooler will run way cooler and I like being different running a built 3V with a trinity TVS 2.3 from a 13/14 GT500 on E85 making 700+. Can't wait to stomp out blown coyotes and lightly modded GT500's with my little ole 3V and 4.6 badges :)

08sta

Reaction score
thanks for the response im about to put the dob kit on my sport trac adrenalin and shoot for 600rwhp

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back