07 GT Window switch rattle after woofers

o2sys

forum member
Reaction score
I recently upgraded my Headunit and reconnected the shaker subs so they work now.

But even the slightest bass from the woofer rattles the driver side door switches. So annoying I hold it with my hands.

Will a new switch fix this issue or is there a better solution?

SomeMichael

Reaction score
I ended up adding some dynamat type material in between the switch cluster and the panel. It's helped but still here alittle rattle from high bass situations. I was also getting rattles from the lock pin and lock switch.

o2sys

forum member
Reaction score
I think that lock pin and bezel is rattling on the Passenger door. That must be my other rattle...

joe_momma

forum member
Reaction score
It may be the plastic panel that sits in the door grab/arm rest portion? Mine rattle with the stock Skipper500 system. I can push "in" towards the door on it with my finger and it will stop.

o2sys

forum member
Reaction score
No mine is the switches, I just lay my fingers on them and it stops.

Ingwe

Sun, Sea, Sand and Camels
Reaction score
Had the same in my 07. Easily fixed with a couple of layers of electrical tape. The window switch panel just pops out if you take the front edge and pull up. You then need to disconnect the electrical harness for the switches. After that you can look at the underside and you'll see that the switch assembly can be separated from the panel. Can't remember exactly how I did it but if my memory serves me well, I used a kitchen knife to slide into the gap between the panel and the assembly (to push down on a small locking tab) and then just pulled the assembly out of the panel.

Don't know if yours is the same but it wasn't the actual switches that were rattling but more the assembly against the inside of the panel. Mine was the same as yours though. Rattle went away when you put your fingers on the switches. Pretty sure it won't be the switches themselves as they have quite stiff springs inside which would stop any rattling. Until i pulled it apart I was adamant it was the switches. Couple layers of electrical tape around the assembly (watch out you don't cover the locking tab you pressed with the knife earlier) and it was snug inside the panel when I put it back. Solved the problem. Sounds like a lot of work but probably takes about 15 mins.

Hope that helps.

SNKPWR

forum member
Reaction score
It's common enough that Ford issued a TSB on it lol. On my 07 I just used some foam tape under the switch panel and that cured it

i am ryan

forum member
Reaction score
I just did this a few days ago. I didn't even take the switches out. I just removed that piece of door trim, unplugged the switches, and slipped some tape between the switches and where they snap into the bezel.

joe_momma

forum member
Reaction score
My headlight switch assembly rattles like this too. I've tried foam tape and glue, but it's back. The cause is the metal retention tabs inside the switch rattling against the plastic. More tinkering required.

ChrisGT

Nice Shirt Bilkins
Reaction score
I also cut up little pieces of sound dampening and stuffed it between the switches and the plate. It could also be the plastic piece behind your door handle.. that was the majority of my door rattle. I popped it off with a flat-head and wrapped it with suede, then stuffed it back in there tight. The door is super tight now with no rattles with the subs bumping. You just have to chase down the rattles until they're all gone.

o2sys

forum member
Reaction score
So tackled this last night, when you remove the panel it's very apparent what rattles as you guys suggested. I just put some cut up post card paper cuz that's all I could find lol

Before :
62b785990ca8220b7c5923278388308e.jpg

01253fbcdcaea9e1990c69d1afaf618d.jpg

After:
741b265ca5e2375355893f3ed9841a06.jpg

No more rattle!

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back