08 Gt grinding 2nd after Et street install

Townson

forum member
Reaction score
Hey guys, a few hours ago I jacked my car up and put on my new 15x8 Racestars and 275/50/15 et streets. Took it out and 2 out of 3 times the 1-2 shift grinded. The last time I just slammed it into gear without it grinding.

With my old 18's and street tires, it would always bark or spin going into 2nd. My thinking is that now since I installed the new wheels x tires, the power has no easy way out so it's making it harder to shift. Is this bad on my transmission, synchros, etc? If so, how bad?

I run my car every Thursday at my local strip during test and tune. Other than that, I rarely ever get above 3000 rpm like ever lol.

I'm trying to improve my e.t and 2nd gear being a bitch is no bueno. It only does it under wot at a high rpm. Normal driving, downshifting and every thing else, it's smooth.

Anybody have any tips or tricks that could help me out? A dude actually said something about double clutching a little while ago, but I automatically thought of Dominic Toretto and couldn't take him seriously. Thoughts gentlemen?

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Bad for syncros. Common issue.

Do u have prothane motor mounts? If not, those and a CHE k member brace is the solution.

Townson

forum member
Reaction score
Bad for syncros. Common issue.

Do u have prothane motor mounts? If not, those and a CHE k member brace is the solution.

Nah man motor mounts are stock. So basically it's torquing the engine, transmission and driveshaft into an awkward position making it difficult to shift right?

Townson

forum member
Reaction score
Gayyy lol. Can't win for losing. Guess I'll just bang 2nd for a while and then invest into mounts and the brace.

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Think hard about a TR-6060 or Magnum XL. I hated my 3650.

Townson

forum member
Reaction score
So apparently I also got the washers backwards on my wheels. The side that says wheel side should go in toward the wheel. (that's what I get for listening to my dad lol) Can I run them like this or do I need to take all that shit back apart again?

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
So apparently I also got the washers backwards on my wheels. The side that says wheel side should go in toward the wheel. (that's what I get for listening to my dad lol) Can I run them like this or do I need to take all that shit back apart again?

U may have already galled them up. I'd fix them if they were mine.

Townson

forum member
Reaction score
U may have already galled them up. I'd fix them if they were mine.

What's the purpose of them being concaved like that? My thinking was that if I went wheel side in, it would flatten the washer. Or is that the whole point? If so, why not just make flat washers? Lol

Townson

forum member
Reaction score
Alright. Got the washers flipped and everything torqued to spec. I'd just like to say that it's hot as Hell in Alabama.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back