1.24 Sixty Foot: Stock Stall, 2.73 Gear, BMR

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Wait, what?

VMP's 2011 GT (Aluminator and VMP Gen 2)
2.73 Gear
Stock Stall Speed Converter / Built 6R80
MT 275 Pro Tires

Suspension:
BMR KM018
BMR AA021
BPS Rad Support
BMR TCA020 LCA
BMR CAB005 LCA
BMR UCM002 UCA Mount
BMR UTCA033 UCA
VMP Custom ARB
BMR SP068 Drag Springs
Strange Single Adj. Front Struts
Afco DA Rear Shocks (TRZ Spec Valved)

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Weight of car?

I am not 100% sure about how much it weighs to be honest.

I though it was in the high 3500, low 3600 range for raceweight a while back, but am unsure if they have made any changes (weight) since then.

wbt

forum member
Reaction score
Hmmmm.....It would be very difficult for a car that weighs that much to cut 1.2 60' times unless it was making North of 1K HP.

I help some local friends who run 10.5 cars that are in the 1,500 HP range running 2 kits that are cutting similar 60' times with lighter cars (3,200lbs. raceweight)

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Well, two things are certain...it definitely weighs over 3200 and it definitely doesnt make 1500HP.

wbt

forum member
Reaction score
How many times has it run in the 1.2's for 60'?

Some video of those 10.5 cars that 60' in the 1.2's:

Bud

forum member
Reaction score
Hmmmm.....It would be very difficult for a car that weighs that much to cut 1.2 60' times unless it was making North of 1K HP.

I help some local friends who run 10.5 cars that are in the 1,500 HP range running 2 kits that are cutting similar 60' times with lighter cars (3,200lbs. raceweight)

I'm guessing that car is making in the 1k HP range these days? Isn't 60' more than just hp/weight? What about starting line ratio, converter, power management, etc? A lot goes into it. Seems crazy to me with 2.73 rear gears but that 6r80 1st gear is stupid.

Is it a stock stall speed, but aftermarket converter? Curious if a stock converter would be hating life trying to lock with that much power against that rear gear

Last edited:

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
How many times has it run in the 1.2's for 60'?

The car got into the 1.2's very recently after making some changes. BMR Springs, AS changes, and rear shock changes.

Since then, I would say the car has made about 10-15 passes in the 1.20's.

The car made 5 passes yesterday, the first pass 1.31....and all the rest were in the 1.2's.

Those cars look good, no doubt. 1.2X sixty foot time is scooting, no matter what it is.

Gotta admit though, Rebeccas car is definitely one of the more impressive cars for what it has. Car makes about 830rwhp, too.

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
I'm guessing that car is making in the 1k HP range these days? Isn't 60' more than just hp/weight? What about starting line ratio, converter, power management, rollout, etc? A lot goes into it. Seems crazy to me with 2.73 rear gears but that 6r80 1st gear is stupid.

Is it a stock stall speed, but aftermarket converter? Curious if a stock converter would be hating life trying to lock with that much power against that rear gear

The VMP car? It makes 830rwhp.

60' is DEFINITELY more than power to weight.

For example, several months ago this same car was making the same power...but going mid 1.35's...and on lucky passes, hitting 1.31.

After making some changes to stop wasting energy, the car picked up nicely. Some would think the 1.31 passes were very good, but I knew the car had a 1.25 in it, as I told Justin a million times after watching vid after vid of the car.

It isn't easy though. We spent the past few months chasing issues with the car shaking the tires after trying to hit them harder.

The converter is OEM. It was modified to handle more power, but it is the stock unit with stock stall speed.

Hopefully, he can get the 2.47 gears in soon to test out. Finishing in 3rd would be nice.

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Bud, I suspect another BMR car will be in the 1.20's come this weekend.

Except, it is a complete BMR Suspension....and stock motor and stock trans.

;)

wbt

forum member
Reaction score
The car got into the 1.2's very recently after making some changes. BMR Springs, AS changes, and rear shock changes.

Since then, I would say the car has made about 10-15 passes in the 1.20's.

The car made 5 passes yesterday, the first pass 1.31....and all the rest were in the 1.2's.

Those cars look good, no doubt. 1.2X sixty foot time is scooting, no matter what it is.

Gotta admit though, Rebeccas car is definitely one of the more impressive cars for what it has. Car makes about 830rwhp, too.

Bud, I suspect another BMR car will be in the 1.20's come this weekend.

Except, it is a complete BMR Suspension....and stock motor and stock trans.

;)

Most definitely more to it than weight and HP. I am just trying to wrap my mind around 1.2's in a car setup like that. Not a dig by any means.

I hope the white car can do the same. (remember that 1.3 60' discussion we had in another thread?) ;)

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Not taken as dig at all. Good conversation, that's all.

Yeah, Justin is just going to have to hit it harder. We made some changes to the ARB, and I'm trying to get him to increase the AS a little.

I hope he gets it.

wbt

forum member
Reaction score
Not taken as dig at all. Good conversation, that's all.

Yeah, Justin is just going to have to hit it harder. We made some changes to the ARB, and I'm trying to get him to increase the AS a little.

I hope he gets it.

Indeed. He is a good guy and would love to see that car run a 8.99 on that stock stuff. :highfive:

Justin00Stang

Reaction score
We made 4 passes total last night. The first two were warming up to things, the 3rd was on the money, the 4th was to see how much farther we could push it...

The tire wadded ever so slightly about 3-5ft out, for about 2-3ft, then cleaned up.

Between how I put the power down in the tune, and how the suspension works, will determine how we fix that issue and go into the teens.

That is the level of detail at this point. As Kelly said, we've been going at this for 6 months, some methods have been un-orthodox, but seem to work, so we keep running with it.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back