1/8 mile debut

GT RO

forum member
Reaction score
Our first crack at 1/8 mile heads up action was deffinatley a learning and trying experience to say the least . In testing we battled wheel stands and traction issues and were not able to make a clean pass. Missed the first of two qualifying passes due to the new rims not fitting on our 5/8'' rear studs . was forced to run a class above what we intended . While playing the tire game we noticed we had sheared off the passenger side anti roll bar linkage adjuster . raced to replace it and headed up for our only chance to qualify . the car left good then started to twist . We stayed in it and ran a mediocure 5.89 to qualify in the bottom of the pack . Got the car to the pits . Checked passenger side adjuster . it was fine . Checked the drivers and it was broke . Raced like hell to take out the turn buckle and weld up before starting eliminations . Made the lanes on the last call . first round of eliminations we didnt know what to expect . Quite honestly I thought it wouldnt hold . Well guess what ??? Our luck began to change , and we went through eliminations with a 5.60 average and made the finals . They ran the final , best two out of three. We laid down a 5.52 and then a 5.51 to take the win & points lead going into the second race of our 7 race series . I just want to thank Justin Burcham for all the patience & personel time he has donated to myself and my race program , secondly all the staff at JPC Racing for there continued help and support . We couldnt of pulled it off with out them , my " head pit Bitch ", some close personal friends , and some great people at the track that donated parts , labour , and patience . With out any of you we would not be leading the 10.5 extreme tire class . Thanks everyone for a job well done . We couldnt have done it with out you !!!!! :clap:

Thanks everyone for making racing fun again ,

GERRY LAMARCHE ( GTRO )

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
NICE!!!

Good to hear. By the sound of the start, of your paragraph, I was under the impression it was going to be bad.

Glad to see you overcome those obstacles - that are ever so present when heads up racing. Usually takes a great bunch of people to pull through, and you did it!

Just out of curiosity, is that our ARB?

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
No sir it is not , but we do use a lot of your suspension products on our car . :boobies:
Woot!

Well, I have a few different styles of end links here at the shop.

If you give me some lengths you need, and bolt sizes....I could probably put together some stout links for you.

I can't say we have ever seen a failure on our links.

Keep up the great work! Love your car.

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
First, great job sticking with it and getting the win. Even at a 5.51 you still got more for them next time (ssshhhh) haha.

Second, what wheels did not fit 5/8th studs? My Bogarts (for example, but most wheels) that take a shank style lug nut already have 5/8ths holes. With the 5/8ths you just eliminate the shank and the nut sits on top of the wheel with a spacer, and a small, smooth sleeve is placed on the 5/8ths studs to protect the threads when to put on/take off the wheel. Anyway just curious.

The 10.5 extreme tire class, is that TT5 or can you use a 10.5W?

GT RO

forum member
Reaction score
it is a max slick size of 10.5 '' or 315 drag radial equivlant . As per the rim issue . I was not sure if we could get the 235 dr to work so I ordered a set of jeggs jobber 10'' 5 spoke cheapies to run the 235's. When i placed the order I told the kid on the phone that they need to go on to a 5/8'' wheel stud . Recieved the rims , installed the rubber , but had no time to test fit before we left for the event . You need a slightly larger hole than 5/8'' to accept a 5/8'' stud . Lol.

CPRsm

forum member
Reaction score
Congrats man that's awesome. Working through the growing pains and still winning makes it all the sweeter!!

GT RO

forum member
Reaction score
well we just got home from the second stop of our 6 race series , This race was held on a brand new 1/8 mile track in Rimbey Alberta . The track from afar looked great until I got up close to it . The whole 1/8th mile is concrete and switches to pavement at the finish . The concrete would be great for your garage floor, as someone had the great idea to put concrete sealer on it !!!! The track was like glass . Even the big tire guys were spinning all the way down the track . After watching several crashes , we decided not to chance it till the last call test session of the night . Pulled out all the boost on the launch and only 12 psi . had to pedal it 3 times and ran a measly 6.90 @ 119 mph. Time trials were a crap shoot . blew the tires off both times and qualified last . first round we faced a 88 fox body with a big block ford na car . We won that pedal fest . after pulling out more boost we faced a 90 fox body with a garrett 88mm boosted 347 and took the win ( still pedalled it , but was able to run him down ) Went to the semi finals against the number one qualifier , a 70 chevelle 572'' big tre car. And what do you know ??? Were off to our second final in as many events . That's where things got interesting . tripped the pre stage , sat for a second second bulb came on , tree went instantly red . idled out to the return road and parked the car . Got undressed and relaxed after hearing the announcer congratulate the winner & myself , the runner up. 20 min. later we make our way to the tower to get our pay out and the series sponsor Pro Mod racer Jim Bell of JB Performance tells me that the final will be re run due to the starter not using auto start , and hitting the goe button before either car was staged . Unfortunately the other driver had already started on the old wobbly pops and could not run . We ended up splitting the prize money . As far as the points go , it is still undecided . We in our camp feel that the right thing to do would be to give both cars 1st place points . Either way , we are very happy that we will still be taking the points lead into the 3rd race back in Edmonton on a great race track where we will be able to throw some real boost at the car and get the times where they should be .

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
brand new track + no rubber = crap.

Damn you are braver then I am, that is for sure. Congrats on the "win", glad you and the car came out of that one in one piece.

GT RO

forum member
Reaction score
Well just a little update , we had our heads up series final on this holiday weekend . We found ourselves with a slight points lead heading into the final two day event . We were fortunate enough to take the 2014 JB's powercentre Extreme street Championship home as well as the 2014 Iron man award for over coming transmission issues , and rear suspension issues ( fixed after nearly every round). We faced some pretty stout competition from big cubic inch N/A cars , to twin turbo Lsx cars to Big block Nitrous cars . Who says you cant go fast with a lil 3 valve ???? Anyways I would just like to thank JB and my boys back at JPC for all there help and commitment to our program . With out you the out come would have been much different . 1more victory for the lil 3 valve . This year has been the most fun I have had since I began racing. Cant wait to get started on the next changes to our car. On to our next goal ......first one to the 7's ???

Last edited:

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
congrats on securing the championship under adverse conditions. Crappy track, transmission problems, suspension problems. But the 3V didn't disappoint. Is your best still an 8.55 @ 163?

GT RO

forum member
Reaction score
Thank you very much !!! No , we set the s197 3valve record back in june . we went 8.40 @ 166.XX . I would have to check your top 100 to be sure . :) Lol.

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Ok--I updated that list on 7/17. Did you post the timeslip? If not post it in the Top 100 thread. I will be updating that soon.

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Oh never mind--I do have that already on the Top 100. I was looking on the 3V power adder list which I haven't updated in over a year (lost it on the computer). But now Fabman is taking over that list so he can grab that time off of the Top 100.

Back