[email protected] for Team Lethal

Jared@Lethal

Official Vendor
Reaction score

IMG01249-20110113-1407.jpg

Wednesday night means track night for Team Lethal. So we geared up for another night out at PBIR but before doing so we needed to make a few changes to the car. Up until this point we've been running the stock suspension except for some QA1 rear shocks that we had installed for last weeks track outing. Although the stock suspension worked for quite a while we believe we reached it's limit with the new found power. Without hesitation we headed to the guru's of mustang suspension UPR Products in Lake Worth, FL. Not only does UPR make the best performing suspension products in the mustang community they've also supported us with all of our projects and have so kindly allowed us to use their driver Jeremy Martorella to race our cars.

Most of the suspension stuff we did however I'm unable to speak about at this time as we were fortunate enough to have 5.0 Mustang Magazine editor Steve Turner come down and follow the install which will be in an up and coming issue of 5.0 Magazine. However I can tell you that the results we got at the track last night showed how well the suspension helped us. The car after the suspension was a lot more consistent and wasn't all over the place like it was with the stock suspension. We're definitely glad we did the upgrade as we know we'll need it for the next phase of our project.

So after we finished our installation we loaded up and headed to the track. The weather was cool around 51degs on the way up to the track and as the sun finally went down we found ourselves in the 40's.

We made our first run and bam.. clicked off our best time of a 10.23 making us the fastest 2011 GT in the country that runs the MT-82 6 speed manual transmission. A few more runs showed us that the suspension was working as we clicked off a 10.24, 10.25, 10.26 and finally our fastest pass of the night and our new best of [email protected].

Although that's fast it's still not fast enough. We've got a goal of stepping into the 9's with the stock 6 speed manual trans and the stock motor. So we'll be back next week with some new gearing which should hopefully get us there.

In the meantime I'd like to take this opportunity to thank all of our awesome customers,, friends and vendors who stand behind Team Lethal.

UPR Products, Jeremy Martorella, Whipple Superchargers, Jon Lund, SCT, Mcleod, The Driveshaft Shop, L&M Airflow, Brisk Racing, Aeroforce Technologies, American Racing Headers, Magnaflow Exhaust, Power By the Hour Performance, Jake Long, 5.0 Mustang Magazine, Steve Turner.

BlackSunshine

Power Downshifter
Reaction score
Awesome run. That thing moves out like a pissed off Cheetah.

So, where did you get the robot/cyborg to drive that thing? 'cause I'm not quite sure its humanly possible to shift that fast :)

SherrodMustang

forum member
Reaction score
Jared, thanks for getting me the correct flywheel with my build and clutch. I am sure I will be glad I went with the Mcleod RXT over the Spec 3+. Heard nothing but good things about the twin disc.

Thanks, Roberts

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back