'13 TVS...

lostsoul

2014 vett or 2015 stang..
Reaction score
I'm in cali.. woooooo.. how much of this SC will hook up to my procharger =-)..haha

908ssp

forum member
Reaction score
If it can be used to replace the M122 it can be used on the DOB manifold. Kind of overkill if your motors not forged though. But hell when is too much not a good thing?:crazy:

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
If it can be used to replace the M122 it can be used on the DOB manifold. Kind of overkill if your motors not forged though. But hell when is too much not a good thing?:crazy:

There are a few of us forged guys around. :)

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
So if this new "5.8 tvs" blower was a direct fit for the old eaton m122 blower's intake manifold and intercooler I would be suprised... But would be sweet if it does and could handle it! But doubt it will.
It’s cool (pardon the pun) that Ford went with a bigger intercooler on the ’13 GT500. But the increased size is not at all critical. The 2007-2012 GT500 IC’s are some of the best out there and if fed with a decent pump will pull so much heat that any commercially available heat exchanger will not be able to keep up.

Feeding a 07-13 GT500 IC with just a 20gpm pump will burry a Afco Pro series (and the others one that same size) in 5-10 seconds. If you run a 55gpm pump the HE’s simply get “crushed”. At this point the weak link in the supercharger cooling systems is the heat exchangers. There is nothing available even close to as “big” as they need to be.

I've done extensive testing on all of this. And because of it I'm now running a custom HE that is 3x the size of the Afco Pro and a fan (16") that moves almost 3x the air that the dual 10's do. I would have gone bigger, and could use it, if there was more room in the front of the car.

The only advantage you would see with a bigger intercooler would be if your running an ice chest (and a big pump). And even then I don’t think the improvement is needed. I know if a local GT500 that is compound boosted and making in the 1000-1200hp range depending on tune. It is running a stock GT500 IC, 55gpm pump and a ice chest. Going through the traps it has IAT’s in the 110-115deg range.

Better pick those 13’ TVS blowers soon. It’s a safe bet Ford will be raising their prices.

NealAtTheWheel

forum member
Reaction score
So sad for me to see the title of the thread, and scroll over to see the prices and get all excited... then click to see it's for the gt500... and not my 5.0. BOOOOO!

Haha, oh well, cool upgrade for everyone with a gt500 though...

Alfiedagr8

forum member
Reaction score
Ok. Block and short blocks are not available. Only competes.

Now I talked to my friend in parts and he is willing to give a good discount to
Forum members. He beat the other ford dealer price if u wanna give him a call and he even included the price of the gasket between the elbow and supercharger. PM for his direct
Line.

Supercharger 1788.95
Elbow with gasket 217.05

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score
Supercharger 1788.95
Elbow with gasket 217.05

This is a screaming deal. No dealer will be able to touch it.

FWIW, the intake manifold is the exact same as all the 07-12's, so yes this blower will bolt right on (as already shown). Aside from some cooling revisions in the heads, bigger intercooler/heat exhanger/pump, and bigger bores, the new 5.8L is the same/interchangeable as the prior 5.4's.

The bare block will be available, just not yet. I imagine FRPP will offer something as an upgrade for the 5.4L guys.

twisted_GT500

forum member
Reaction score
I think that FRPP will eventually have some sort of 'kit' for 5.4L guys to upgrade to also...and I'll definately be on that list. I'm also hoping to pick up a set of the Ford GT cams that are in the '13s when someone swaps! I honestly would like the whole engine, but that's a little too much at one time, so I'll just get parts here and there...hopefully cheap as others upgrade.

crownaviation

http://www.tudyno.com/
Reaction score
Ok. Block and short blocks are not available. Only competes.

Now I talked to my friend in parts and he is willing to give a good discount to
Forum members. He beat the other ford dealer price if u wanna give him a call and he even included the price of the gasket between the elbow and supercharger. PM for his direct
Line.

Supercharger 1788.95
Elbow with gasket 217.05

Have not called them yet but Tousley does not have any 13 parts listed on their website. That sounds like a good deal tho. Used tvs on the forums are fetching over 2k.

Sent you a pm..

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
The '13 TVS is reported as being more efficient and flows more air then the FRPP TVS...similar to the VMP version

It's very similar to the VMP. When Justin was asked, he stated he is revising the VMP shortly.

crownaviation

http://www.tudyno.com/
Reaction score
So sad for me to see the title of the thread, and scroll over to see the prices and get all excited... then click to see it's for the gt500... and not my 5.0. BOOOOO!

Haha, oh well, cool upgrade for everyone with a gt500 though...

Getting one for my 4.6.... lol!

It's very similar to the VMP. When Justin was asked, he stated he is revising the VMP shortly.

Is there something different with the VMP as far as snout/shaft that allows him to run the 2.5 pulley? That pulley is like the size of a quarter..

Other than that, I am reading the elbow is much different than the VMP also.

On a side note.. Tousley is waiting on the elbows right now. Unfortunately they do not show when they will be available... That stinks. Yet another round of hurry up and wait.

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
Getting one for my 4.6.... lol!

Is there something different with the VMP as far as snout/shaft that allows him to run the 2.5 pulley? That pulley is like the size of a quarter..

Other than that, I am reading the elbow is much different than the VMP also.

On a side note.. Tousley is waiting on the elbows right now. Unfortunately they do not show when they will be available... That stinks. Yet another round of hurry up and wait.

The VMP TVS is shaved down, BUT Revan Racing sells a new 2.5" pulley that will fit on the stock Eaton snouts.

The elbow is different from the TVS, I can say the new 2013 elbow flows better than the previous 2007-2012 elbow. Does it flow as good as the VMP elbow? I am not certain.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back