17" Factory Bullet Clone?

B

Bucstang

OK, I have looked over a majority of the threads on this "Tires and Wheels" forum section and couldn't find an answer to my question: Are there any aftermarket rim clones that match exactly the same finish and shape as stock Bullitts, but have a wider rim that is 10" to 11" wide?:idea:

If not, I guess I have to have a pair widened for the rear. Also if there is already a thread for this, please post a link. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

US-1

Banned
Reaction score
The American Racing Shelby wheels are pretty damn close but the backspacing isn't correct on them. Not deep enough and the tire/wheel will stick out a bit. I've got a 17x9 from American Muscle and it is very close to the factory Anthracite Bullitt wheel. Plus, it has the correct backspacing so it looks like a factory wheel.

If you want a 10" that will go under the car completely then send yours to Weldcraft and have them widened. They will widen the wheel to the inside only so it sits in the wheelwell like a stocker.

gijosh28

Bad Penny
Reaction score
Redfire said:
gijosh28 said:
Redfire said:
gijosh28 said:
Redfire said:
gijosh28 said:
Redfire said:
gijosh28 said:
Hey,

I am having the hardest time deciding what direction to go with my wheels and tires. I have literally gone through 4 sets of wheels (2 of which never saw tires mounted on them). I was trying to remember what you run, and if I remember correctly you had stock 17" bullitts that you widened in the rear and narrowed in the front. Is that right? I know this is kind of random, but any interest in selling them?

Josh

Hi Josh,

I had my rear wheels widened 2 inches, the fronts are stock width still.

Currently nothing is for sale.

Thanks

So your rears are now 17x10. Did you have to grind the brake calipers at all or anything like that? How do they look on the car? Any rubbing?

Josh

They are 17X10 now. No grinding of the caliper. You will need to grind about a 1/4" of the lower shock mount tab, the shock plastic sleeve will rub slightly but will not hurt anything and the spring perches will need to be moves in against the body to clear. Some people just hammered them in but I cut and rewelded them to do it correctly.

Let me know if you have any more questions. It is fairly simple and let you put the larger tire on there.

Are you running a spacer?

No spacer

If I had them widened by 1.5 inches instead of 2, do you think I would still need to move the spring perches?

I recommend measuring how much space you have not between the rim and the spring perch now and that should give you a pretty good idea of how much room you have to widen them.

this was the traffic between me and him

B

Bucstang

OK, well that answers a lot of questions! Thanks. If there are any other ideas out there please reply here.:beerdrink:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back