17 in wheel tire selection

luillo

forum member
Reaction score
I just got Nitto 555R 175/40/17 for the Track and I did a Good burn like i saw in this forum, 60 mph 4-6 seconds and i got some rubber out of them and still spinning the tires. Is this normal??? Or they do get more traction and i suck at the 60 foot??LOL i probably suck anyway but is any other tire that might help more to my horrible driving skills?

I was thinking of Mickey Thompson 295/45/17 DR. I touch the rubber in one of the tires that i guy had in the track and it was soft as hell. they were M/T but i think they were 15 in rims and not DR DOT approved but the channels in the tires for traction was very small.

I am also considering drag wheels (BOGARDT OR HOLESHOT) with a good set of tires but i dont know if this will be too much for stock car only mod for now is C&L CAI NO TUNE.

Any help please.

US-1

Banned
Reaction score
I just got Nitto 555R 175/40/17 for the Track and I did a Good burn like i saw in this forum, 60 mph 4-6 seconds and i got some rubber out of them and still spinning the tires. Is this normal??? Or they do get more traction and i suck at the 60 foot??LOL i probably suck anyway but is any other tire that might help more to my horrible driving skills?

Nittos suck.

I was thinking of Mickey Thompson 295/45/17 DR. I touch the rubber in one of the tires that i guy had in the track and it was soft as hell. they were M/T but i think they were 15 in rims and not DR DOT approved but the channels in the tires for traction was very small.
Get the M/T 275/40-17 drag radials.

luillo

forum member
Reaction score
[/font][/color]
Nittos suck.

Get the M/T 275/40-17 drag radials.

I think that is what i am about to do when i get to Kansas after i find the track there. I really feel i don't need any more power until i get GOOD traction, and this is completely stock i just put a CAI from C&L. I finaly saw and touched those M/T and i think you right US.

Is any different type of M/T DR that i have to look for or just this ones will be ok: 275/40R17 Mickey Thompson E/T. Drag Radial i saw this from BBR at $200..

http://www.blowbyracing.com/27540r17.html

Thanks for the help US.

As far as Drag Wheels and tires who can help me here. I looked in all the post and i think i got it. The cheapest are some called Holeshot and i saw then in BBR with everything included except the tires.

But what is the difference between Bogardt and Holeshot???

Thanks everyone.

lostsoul

2014 vett or 2015 stang..
Reaction score
this is scary.

**Blow-By Racing is not responsible for any prices changes, mis-mark items , or any other mis-printed items.**

luillo

forum member
Reaction score
i just called Race Star industries and ask about the price and fitment of the 15" rims.

They told me the same info they have in their web site and that is awesome and the price is too. $201 and $188 each 15x10 and 15x5 cool. the only bad thing for me is that they dont do shipping to APO boxes so i have to wait until February 2010 that i will be in Kansas. The track here will do 1 last run in October and is not enough time for me to get tires trough a forwarding company to APO.

I need ideas on what kind of tire combo should i run in the front and back.
I am just trying to get the best traction and loose weight in the same time.

I am stock now but i will be putting this by the time i get this wheels:

1. BBR STAGE 3 HEADS
  2. BBR STAGE 2 CAMS W/SPRINGS AND LOCKOUT
  3. STEEDA INTAKE DELETE PLUGS or I DELETE THEM MY SELF W/EPOXI
  4. STEEDA UDP
  5. MEIZER W/PUMP
  6. TUNER FOR MY C&L CAI
  7. AND MAYBE SOME 4.10 GEARS UPGRADE W/TRUE TRACK
PLEASE PLEASE some advice on tires... i dont know much but i was thinking something like this:

M/T ET Street, LT 26 x 10.5-15, Bias-Ply

But i don't even know what is Bias-ply.

HEY I DID LOOK IN THE SEARCH BUT NOTHING SPECIFIC FOUND.

i just need some direction please then i learn my self. LOL

luillo

forum member
Reaction score
275/60-15 M/T drag radial. Part number 3754R

Thanks a lot US-1 that is for the back tires and what do you think for the skinny in the front?

Also do you have any good post about tires??? I think i saw one but i can't find it again... I wanna learn about the difference between size to speed, bias-ply and DR tires. Thanks again man..

Chris06GT

Dragging LS Ass..
Reaction score
The 275/60's that S.D. (US-1) posted, will work for what you want to do.....

I have to ask though....I know there is not much weight difference between the 2, but why not run the 15x4's in front?....I know, it's just an inch of difference...

luillo

forum member
Reaction score
The 275/60's that S.D. (US-1) posted, will work for what you want to do.....

I have to ask though....I know there is not much weight difference between the 2, but why not run the 15x4's in front?....I know, it's just an inch of difference...

I just called Race Star industry for the new 15" drag wheels the guys mention in the forum and i am not sure what should i get that is why i post that in here. I just saw those i and try to ask. Bu i will have to look on now and see those 15x4's for the front thanks!!!

killrb

forum member
Reaction score
I run the MT 295/45-17 and they are perfect. They are almost exactly the same height as stock so your gearing is spot on. Being the same height means you can run your standard fronts and not have the car squating backwards from the height difference. Also, these have a taller sidewall than the 275's some people like meaning you will have a better chance of a good launch with more sidewall to flex.

Brandon

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back