1982 Mercruiser 120 Boat Restoration

007GTCS

forum member
Reaction score
So I have been taken a break from working on the Stang this summer and have finished/enjoyed the boat restoration I have done. I have redone the fuel system, ignition system, wiring harness, seats, carpet, floor, substructure, pretty much everything except rebuilding the engine. And yes it is the original engine, no rebuild and still runs like a champ. This has been about a 3 to 4 year restoration. The boat has been in my family since 93. Just thought I would share it all with you.

hajere2u.jpg

age8emus.jpg

8amy2a8y.jpg

be5ageze.jpg

vu3u3ysa.jpg

6y3e3ata.jpg

007GTCS

forum member
Reaction score
ysyma8as.jpg

9apa3a8a.jpg

a3ajebuq.jpg

9evaneqy.jpg

y5ygyqur.jpg

Also we had a dog adopt us while working in the boat. She was crawled up beside in the front yard by the boat and decided to keep her.
ezyjasu8.jpg

It's been a great learning experience for me and a great project to have right out of college!

NotQuik

I can't drive
Reaction score
What kind of boat is it? Its kind of hard to read on the rear.

Is that the original gel coat on it? Looks nice.

007GTCS

forum member
Reaction score
anebe3u5.jpg

Out on it right now lol
It is a 16 1/2 advantage it a body. 120 2.5l 153CID mercruiser. Also known as a the GM iron horse/duke motor.

And it is original gel coat. Took forever to clean up. It is a ton of fun. Been on it multiple times since the rebuild has been done.

KIMMER

Admin
Reaction score
I love my boat, but they are a lot to maintain! Boat stands for Break Out Another Thousand.....LOL

007GTCS

forum member
Reaction score
I love my boat, but they are a lot to maintain! Boat stands for Break Out Another Thousand.....LOL

Oh yeah spent more than that already. But luckily this boat is not to hard to work on. It's good to say a 22 year old has a boat and a mustang for fun lol

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back