2005-10 koni str-t vs 2011-14 str-t

csamsh

forum member
Reaction score
The threaded top portion of the strut is a different size. The upper strut mounts changed in 2011. To use the earlier mounts or the "GT500" Ford Racing mounts you need the earlier version of the strut. This is true for any strut, not just Konis.

06gtmustang316

forum member
Reaction score
That makes sense. One of my front koni's is starting to give out on my 2006 gt and I saw a really good deal on a single 2011 front strut. I'm assuming from what you stated the 2011 strut mount won't fit on the 06's?

Speedboosted

Found missing cylinders
Reaction score
That makes sense. One of my front koni's is starting to give out on my 2006 gt and I saw a really good deal on a single 2011 front strut. I'm assuming from what you stated the 2011 strut mount won't fit on the 06's?

Correct, they are not the same

NDSP

forum member
Reaction score
I swapped my bilstiens out of my 06 into my '12, and in return the Koni STR-T's out of my 2012 into my 06 without any problem. The key, I had aftermarket camber plates on the Bilstiens and left the stock upper '12 strut mount on the Koni when I put in on the 06. No issues

JPC

Reaction score
Before buying Koni's look at Bilstein monutubes :)

Ping Jon @ Vorshlag, his Konis died pretty quickly

Whiskey11

SCCA Autoscrosser #23 STU
Reaction score
Before buying Koni's look at Bilstein monutubes :)

Ping Jon @ Vorshlag, his Konis died pretty quickly

Not that I'm surprised that folks associated with a company selling a competing product would have issues with the competing product, but I think the issues presented by most are pretty overhyped. There are an insane number of people pushing Koni Yellows extremely hard with high grip levels without the issues reported by a few here.

Can't speak for the STR.T aside from the fact that it was intended to be a replacement for the OEM dampers: IE: Not for any form of performance driving.

csamsh

forum member
Reaction score
Not that I'm surprised that folks associated with a company selling a competing product would have issues with the competing product, but I think the issues presented by most are pretty overhyped. There are an insane number of people pushing Koni Yellows extremely hard with high grip levels without the issues reported by a few here.

Can't speak for the STR.T aside from the fact that it was intended to be a replacement for the OEM dampers: IE: Not for any form of performance driving.

I have blown five (5) Koni dampers on my car out of 8 used.

Anecdotal evidence is anecdotal, but it doesn't change my opinion either.

white86hatch

forum member
Reaction score

I'm sure there are tons of people who had no problems with their Koni products. I'm just not one of them.

Back