2005 Mustang with Tremec Magnum XL and built engine

svtrojan

forum member
Reaction score
Figured I'd throw this up on here to see if there is any interest. 2005 Mustang GT Premium with about 77,5xx miles on the chassis. The car has been well-maintained since I have owned it. All major service performed by Ford or by GTR (arguably the best Mustang performance shop in California). I have available all records of repairs done since I have owned the car. Paint is not perfect, there are a few chips on the front bumper and the clear coat on the spoiler is peeling. The interior, however, is clean and well-maintained. Car is mechanically perfect and sounds great. Car was just smogged (3/2014), I have the clean title. If you have any questions or want to come check the car out, let me know. KBB lists a stock GT with these miles at about $13k. I know I won't get the full value of the modifications back, but I just can't sell it for blue book. I'm asking $15k.

Engine
-4.6L V8 stroked to 5.0 L Engine was built while the previous owner owned it (MMR stroker 900) but he did not give me receipts. I can show you the receipt for the 8 bolt flywheel that I installed showing that the engine at least has an upgraded crank. Engine is also a 2007 block that has an estimated 15k miles on it.
-low compression 9:1 (perfect for boost. This engine has never seen boost or nitrous).
-Custom tune by GTR in Rancho Cucamonga and Bob Kurgan (328 rwhp with dyno sheets)
-Comes with handheld tuner
-Steeda CAI
-Motion Delete Plates
-Department of Boost 200a alternator and upgraded battery cables
-JLT oil separator
-MAC Shorty Headers
-MAC prochamber
-Borla Stingers Over-Axle pipe
-Passes Smog no problem. Was just smogged in March 2014.

Drivetrain/Suspension
-Tremec T-56 Magnum XL. This transmission handles more power than the stock trans (rated by Tremec at 700 lb-ft torque) and offers smoother shifts with its direct shift design as compared to the remote shifter design from the factory. This transmission was professionally installed by GTR in Rancho Cucamonga and is a huge improvement over stock. This is the 2.97 gear set. Transmission has less than 5k miles on it.
-SFI-approved steel bellhousing
-Mcleod RST Clutch
-Mcleod Lightened Steel flywheel (8 bolt pattern)
-One-piece aluminum driveshaft
-4.10 final gear ratio
-Saleen lowering springs
-BMR Lower Control Arms
-BMR Upper Control Arm
-20x9 Saleen Wheels, 255/35/20
-20x10 Saleen Wheels 295/30/20
-Hawk HPS pads (all four corners)
-Baer Decela Rotors (all four corners)

Interior
-Kenwood 6.1" head unit DNX570HD with GPS, Bluetooth, and hands-free calling
-10" sub in the trunk
-New black carpet and floor mats
-upgraded JL Audio front speakers
-custom glove-soft leather center armrest cover
-custom glove-soft leather shift boot

Exterior
-GT500 style spoiler
-HID headlights and foglights
-Smoked corner lights
-Tinted tails
-sequential tails
-Shorty Antenna

This is an older picture that shows my older Pioneer head unit. It's a good shot of the Tremec shifter though

Last edited:

svtrojan

forum member
Reaction score
Price dropped to $15k. I'm practically giving it away at this point, someone is going to get a really nice car (and a tremendous transmission) for a really good price.

Car is also listed on the ebay.

Last edited:

svtrojan

forum member
Reaction score
Here are some better pictures of the interior and a closeup of the front bumper's rock chips.

svtrojan

forum member
Reaction score
New Price: $15,500

Any lower and I'll start parting out the trans setup.

svtrojan

forum member
Reaction score
Hey Paps, I'm in the San Fernando Valley: Studio City. You can always buy it now so you have something to drive while your car is getting repaired :beer:

jsimmonstx

forum member
Reaction score
The transmission stuff alone is worth about $4k, and it's leaps and bounds better than the OEM craptastic trans. I'm kinda surprised you haven't sold this yet.

svtrojan

forum member
Reaction score
The transmission stuff alone is worth about $4k, and it's leaps and bounds better than the OEM craptastic trans. I'm kinda surprised you haven't sold this yet.
Thanks!
None more surprised than I am. The T-56 Magnum is amazing, if you haven't driven one you don't know what you're missing. Paired with the Mcleod clutch and flywheel setup I have, this thing is butter smooth.

Paps

forum member
Reaction score
Hey Paps, I'm in the San Fernando Valley: Studio City. You can always buy it now so you have something to drive while your car is getting repaired :beer:

I Wish i could! Plus you are only a few mins from los angeles harbor... We may be able to work something, if car is still available and not parted out when i'll be ready!

svtrojan

forum member
Reaction score
Sounds good man, let me know.

Just think of all the money you'll save by not having to buy and install this sweet transmission :victory:

Kylar

forum member
Reaction score
Damn, if I didnt just pick up my car in March, i would fly out to Cali to buy it and drive it back...lol

Sweet Car/price and GLWS!

svtrojan

forum member
Reaction score
Damn, if I didnt just pick up my car in March, i would fly out to Cali to buy it and drive it back...lol

Sweet Car/price and GLWS!

Thanks!

Who says you can't have two 'stangs in the stable?

TungstenGT

forum member
Reaction score
im looking for a t56 for a 2011+ mustang... wonder what it takes if you do decide to swap it out...

svtrojan

forum member
Reaction score
I'm just looking to sell the car as it sits right now, but I don't think it would take much. You would need the trans crossmember, not sure if the shaft I have would work but it probably would.

svtrojan

forum member
Reaction score
Last price drop before I start seriously parting her out... 15k. Also listed on ebay so it could sell at any time. Don't miss out :boobies:

svtrojan

forum member
Reaction score
Bump, new price: $14k.

Just hit 80k miles on the chassis and gave her a wax job the other week. Great platform for someone to make an absolute monster.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back