2007 GT 1/8th Predictions?

Sn8kebitten

Reaction score
I just recently bought a bone stock 07 GT auto with Thrush mufflers. The car doesn't spin much at all on the street with the newer street tires on it but it's a huge difference coming from my bolt on 1996 Cobra convertible that I traded for the car. So basically, I'm really hoping that I can run an 8.9ET or faster at my local 1/8th since that's what my Cobra ran on street tires there and it would make me feel a lot better about getting rid of it for this GT lol.

Do you guys think that would be possible at all basically being stock with 3.31 gears? I do plan on getting a JLT intake with a tune as my first mod but I probably won't be able to buy it before the track shuts down for winter. And then of course I'll have drag radials, longtubes, and so on and so forth by the time the track opens again in April.

I've seen a lot of 9.1s and around that from stockish S197s on this subforum. Any of you guys run quicker with stockish setups? We don't have a 1/4th within 150 miles so im just curious about 1/8th times

ChrisGT

Nice Shirt Bilkins
Reaction score
It depends on track and DA. The best I ran with intake/tune auto 3.31 was 9.09 on stock 18" wheels. It's a heavy loaded car with the shaker 1000 and electric pass seat.

Added 4.10 gears and I knocked it all the way down to 8.5.

Back