2008 GT500 Stock X-Pipe vs PHRP H-Pipe

cheftjpeck

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Well I installed the PHRP H-Pipe today...it was pretty easy. although my FRPP tips do stick out an extra inch now...but still looks awesome...the sound is ...WOW....very throaty and pronounced deeper tones...the cabin sound is very very nice now compared to the stock x-pipe...I put a video below, I dont know if it will work as I could not get it to upload to photobucket so I put it on You Tube....gonna try and get on photo bucket still....anyways...the sound is really appreciated when driving...it just is a little more mellow than my prior setup...but NOT Quiet...just deeper...overall I am very happy with this item and highly reccommend...the video was shot in the same area both times.....THANKS WES K from PHRP for allowing me to test....really makes a difference and before anyone says...man you lose allot of power....rated power loss is less than 10rwhp....also...IMO when you are over 500rwhp with no desires on racing...does it really matter when you are looking for the right exhaust setup and sound.....WOW!!! is all I can say...especially at Wide Open Throttle and cruising down the road...the video surely does not do it justice....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nduoO71cWCQ

me32

forum member
Reaction score
im glad your happy, the H pipe sounds so much better.

Back