2008 Mustang GT - Vista Blue Corner Carver

DusterRT

Defected to Deutsche
Reaction score
I bought this car with 4000 miles in late 2008, currently has 32,xxx miles. Primarily street/commuting miles, but has roughly a half dozen HPDE days under its belt. Garage kept but has a few imperfections here and there. Clean title in hand, clear Carfax. I have all the original parts except the wheels and tires. I have over $10,000 in this thing..add FI and you'll have a car that can swallow a new Boss whole. Asking $22,000.

Engine:
C&L Cold Air Intake
Charge Motion Delete Plates
Diablosport Tuner with custom tune by Eric Brooks (BrooksSpeed)
Energy Suspension Polyurethane Engine Mounts

Exhaust:
Magnaflow catted X-pipe
2010 GT500 Axlebacks (sounds great!!)

Suspension:
Ground Control Coilovers (adjustable Konis)
CHE Poly Rear Control Arms (fixed upper, adjustable lower)
CHE Adjustable Panhard Bar
UMI Adjustable Sway Bar End Links
Aggressive alignment and corner balanced. 3400# dry, 3700# with a full tank of gas and 170# driver, perfect 50-50 cross weights, 53-47 front-rear balance.

Brakes:
GT500 Brembo Calipers, refinished in red powdercoat
Stoptech 2-piece slotted 14" front rotors
Earl's Braided Stainless Lines
GT500 ABS Control Unit
Full Tilt Boogie Brake Ducts
Custom Brake Duct Inlets

Wheels and Tires:
18x10" Forgestar F14 Wheels with 285/35-18 Hankook R-S3..these are brand new, less than 100 miles!
18x9.5" GT500 OEM Wheels with 285/40-18 Goodyear F1 Supercars

Other Bits and Pieces:
Differential Catch Can
Unique Bottom-Mount Aerocatch Hood Pins
Maximum Motorsports 4-point Roll Bar with Cross Bar
Schroth 4-point Harnesses (these are DOT legal!)
GT500 Steering Wheel, Bullitt Shift Knob and Boot, leather replaced with genuine Alcantara
Speed of Sound Triple Gauge Pod, Speedhut Revolution Water Temp, Oil Temp, Oil Pressure Gauges
CPC Hood Struts
Bullitt Grille

Recent work (within the last 500 miles):
Suspension and brakes 100% disassembled, cleaned, inspected and lubed front and rear
Coolant flushed
Differential rebuilt with new carbon fiber clutch packs, axle seals replaced
Rotors resurfaced, new pads (EBC Blue), fresh fluid (ATE Gold)
New FR500S front hubs, ARP wheel studs front and rear
Aligned and inspected

P7091020.jpg

P7091014.jpg

IMG_20110611_155655.jpg

IMG_20110522_135933.jpg

Chris B.

forum member
Reaction score
Beautiful car. I beat it handles great. What are you replacing it with?

DusterRT

Defected to Deutsche
Reaction score
Beautiful car. I beat it handles great. What are you replacing it with?

Thanks! It really does handle well, every time I drive it I find myself questioning my decision to sell..

I'm not replacing it with anything, just planning on kicking my corporate job to the curb and moving to sunnier pastures soon. Unfortunately about the only perk of soul-sucking jobs like mine is being overpaid enough to have toys like this, haha. Too bad about my timing though, this would have been a great potential replacement for your '07!

deuce189

Reaction score
Yeah but the smart ones do the high paying soul sucking jobs just long enough to get enough money to move on to sunnier pastures :)

fhlh

Grabber? Don't Know Her!
Reaction score
GLWS, and Good Luck with your future endeavors

This is what my car wishes it could be.

stang389

forum member
Reaction score
love your car man i would try to keep this thing so much time and money into it already

klutch7

forum member
Reaction score
One of, if not my favorite car on the board. I wish I had the cash. As I have posted in about every other for sale forum, you wouldn't be interested in an '06 Trailblazer SS would you?

DusterRT

Defected to Deutsche
Reaction score
Thanks for the kind words everyone. It's been a joy to build and drive it, and believe me I'd keep it if I could! Of the 16 cars I've had to play with over the years, this is my favorite.

I do have to update the freshness of the car...took it for a DE on Friday, so the tires and brakes aren't quite fresh anymore. :beerdrink: Performed flawlessly, was eating up M3's all afternoon! I only wish I had gotten a hold of my friend in time to get his GoPro.

you wouldn't be interested in an '06 Trailblazer SS would you?

Unfortunately at this point trading one toy for another would be a bad move on my behalf. The only thing that could pique my interest enough to do something so dumb right now would be a driver quality 993, hahaha.

klutch7

forum member
Reaction score
While I am momentarily angered by your response, it totally makes sense haha. What do you currently do and why the switch/to what? If you dont mind me asking.

DusterRT

Defected to Deutsche
Reaction score
While I am momentarily angered by your response, it totally makes sense haha. What do you currently do and why the switch/to what? If you dont mind me asking.

Overpaid (for what I do) corporate zombie for a brand name you'd surely recognize but I like to play it safe and keep it to myself, haha. Probably bad enough that I am using their bandwidth to post this. :)

But basically...Seattle is killing me. Gave it 4+ years, still can't adjust to the climate, and my job's sorta ho-hum, so I'm going to uproot while I still lack mouths to feed or anything else to tie me down. No luck looking for work remotely so I'm just going to get down to basics and move. I could be an engineer or a bus boy in a year...only time will tell!

klutch7

forum member
Reaction score
Overpaid (for what I do) corporate zombie for a brand name you'd surely recognize but I like to play it safe and keep it to myself, haha. Probably bad enough that I am using their bandwidth to post this. :)

But basically...Seattle is killing me. Gave it 4+ years, still can't adjust to the climate, and my job's sorta ho-hum, so I'm going to uproot while I still lack mouths to feed or anything else to tie me down. No luck looking for work remotely so I'm just going to get down to basics and move. I could be an engineer or a bus boy in a year...only time will tell!

I totally understand. Hope everything works out for you man. Seattle, huh? drink a lot of coffee at work? hehe

Move to Chicago so I can buy your car in the spring.

This, and let me see it before you do so.

DusterRT

Defected to Deutsche
Reaction score
Car is gone. Traded last night for something with a little more ass..and not in the 2010+ Mustang way. Dumb decisions are always so fun...

IMG_20111015_160512.jpg

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back