2009 Gt or 2011 GT

luillo

forum member
Reaction score
I just wanted to see some opinions on what i am thinking.

I have a mustang GT 2009 stock, with a couple of parts waiting to be installed and some more on order but the new 5.0 and its possible 390 hp is making me wanna trade mine for one of those.

Now my question is would it be worth to trade mine or sell it and then get the 2011 GT base price.

i only own $19,000 on the 2009.

What do you think people?

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
If you think there will not be any "price adjustments"-mark ups-on the 2011 I would trade in the 09 and get the 2011...but there may be many people thinking the same thing and you may not get as much on a trade...if you are going to do it put the car up for sale now or trade it in asap before the market is flooded with used GT's.

luillo

forum member
Reaction score
i would build bottom end on 09gt and superchrage

my plans so far is to buy the jpc 322ci with aftermarket heads and cams and the Roush TVS.

I already have

1. Kooks Lt W/ Xmid pipe
  2. BMR K-member A-arms
  3. Ordered Aluminum DS
  4. WOT Box
But i was thinking that maybe upgrading in the future that 5.0 would be much better. Also that blower that Lethal is about to bring for the 5.0 looks crazy. 600hp that is all i need.

My problem is the look of the 2010 + Mustang. I like everything but i have the back bumper.

Agent Jones

forum member
Reaction score
my plans so far is to buy the jpc 322ci with aftermarket heads and cams and the Roush TVS.

I already have

1. Kooks Lt W/ Xmid pipe
  2. BMR K-member A-arms
  3. Ordered Aluminum DS
  4. WOT Box
But i was thinking that maybe upgrading in the future that 5.0 would be much better. Also that blower that Lethal is about to bring for the 5.0 looks crazy. 600hp that is all i need.

My problem is the look of the 2010 + Mustang. I like everything but i have the back bumper.

its 600 CRANK hp, so around 510-515rwhp. that is VERY easy on your current car. not worth the ass raping your gonna take on your 09 gt.

luillo

forum member
Reaction score
its 600 CRANK hp, so around 510-515rwhp. that is VERY easy on your current car. not worth the ass raping your gonna take on your 09 gt.

you think?

I love drag Racing and i am just getting the chance to race now. I was station in germany when i got the car so figure how hard is to get parts there.

my long term goal is mid 11s with a solid engine that will not break on the street. I dont DD the car but i will love to use my car for whatever i want not just Drag.

Also i might pay off the car next year too :cheers:

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
DOHC is good; upgrading the heads/cams will be a lot more expensive!

07calspecial

forum member
Reaction score

I already have

1. Kooks Lt W/ Xmid pipe
  2. BMR K-member A-arms
  3. Ordered Aluminum DS
  4. WOT Box

+1 on the rear end. I just can't get my head around the way it looks. The rest of the car is pretty cool, just the back. Yuck! (IMO)

TorchedGT

Mustang Operator
Reaction score
i say stick with what ya have and just build it as you can afford it. you are likely paying a lower note than you would on the newer car. also, being the engine is new, aftermarket parts will be a premium where as the 05-10s parts are plentiful and relatively cheap. i think the 05-09s look better over all anyhow in the looks department. everyone is jumpin at the shot for a 2011 GT which is fine. it will also make all the guys trade in their cars sell the aftermarket stuff they have now. so that means more cheap used go fast parts for grabs.

there will always be a bigger and better car down the road. im completely happy with my 08 and its no slouch on the street. if i was gonna throw down the cheese it would take to get a 2011 GT, id rather spend that same amount on a clean used GT500... just my thoughts at least.

MexGT

forum member
Reaction score
Heads & cams, built 322 c/i & TVS blower > 5.0 all day long.

470 GT/CS

forum member
Reaction score
Reasons to keep 2009 GT:
-You have already invested a considerable amount of money into it
-The aftermarket is currently nonexistent for the 2011, while very abundant for the 2009
-Your car is a bit lighter than an 2011 GT

Reasons to get a 2011 GT
-26 MPG while attaining 412 HP/390 TQ
-5.0 4V TI-VCT V8 engine
-6 Speed Manual Transmission
-Better Handling
-More refined interior
-more N/A and F/I potential to be unleashed once aftermarket is formed
-sleeker, curvier, and more aggressive body styling

AJ

US Muscle, AUS Hustle....
Reaction score
Luis,

Your 09 has alot of potential. Yes the '11 is a marvelous car, but that means starting all over again. I say ride out the storm, mod as you can, and tear up the streets!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back