2010 mustang gt dyno

Hitman

Banned
Reaction score
did anybody read my last fucking post? That should have been the end of the discussion.

1Fast05Turbo

Flying Low
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Wow, I just wasted 2 minutes of my life reading this. This is not the first time a manufacturer underrates some car's horse power and I'm hearing about more and more 2010 with great numbers. Go-Fast, congratulations on your numbers. I can't wait to hear about the 1/4 mile results.

KungFuHamster

forum member
Reaction score
What your saying is actually ignorance. Dont get upset when someone brings a valid point to the table, the valid point being that all mustangs produced since 2005 have the same exact 3V engine and produced roughly the same horsepower. Grantid the new '10's seem to be putting down a little mor epunch roughly all dyno figures I have ran across rate it at 280 BHP at the wheels. I find it very hard to believe that a cat back brings it up almost 30 HP with no tune(or even with a tune for that matter) the more logical reasoning is DYNO inconsistensy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlg_...g-gt-dyno-run-oh-yeah&feature=player_embedded

280 BHP =brake horsepower....at the wheels?:supercool:

Lazy Racer

forum member
Reaction score
I've seen 05-09 cars make more than 270 rwhp stock. The 10's are rated 15 higher. On top of that, I think everyone is in agreement that they make more than Ford is advertising. So what about his dyno number is so goddamn hard to understand?

This is pretty valid and also consider the 2010 is lighter (some 350lbs Im led to believe) which will all add to quick track times; ergo the guy on the other thread in the low 12's with no real power mods....

I look forward to seeing a well modded 2010 running...

Go-fast

forum member
Reaction score
This is pretty valid and also consider the 2010 is lighter (some 350lbs Im led to believe) which will all add to quick track times; ergo the guy on the other thread in the low 12's with no real power mods....

I look forward to seeing a well modded 2010 running...

I know that evolution performance is bringing there 2010 gt with cams bolt ons etc.... They will be running it at darlington on Thursday during mustang week. They usually post vids of there runs. Should be pretty fast.

xxdmxx

forum member
Reaction score
Picture002.jpg
Anyone notice the STD Correction?

BlackBeard

Reaction score
Lets see some track times. I look forward to seeing what it does in real time

BlackBeard

Reaction score
280 BHP =brake horsepower....at the wheels?:supercool:

:facepalm: are you familiar at all with automotive termonalogy? Bhp is brake horespower. Simply put a brake is used to measure resistance. That brake can be slowing a wheel, dynometer drum etc.....
:owned2:

KungFuHamster

forum member
Reaction score
:facepalm: are you familiar at all with automotive termonalogy? Bhp is brake horespower. Simply put a brake is used to measure resistance. That brake can be slowing a wheel, dynometer drum etc.....
:owned2:

Hmmmmm....

Brake horsepower (BHP) is the amount of work generated by a motor without taking into consideration any of the various auxiliary components that may slow down the actual speed of the motor. Sometimes referred to as pure horsepower, brake horsepower is measured within the engine’s output shaft. Depending on the configuration of the engine, the point on the output shaft that is the focus of the measurement is the engine dynameter.

PWNAGE??

ps. what is termonalogy? Oh you meant terminology. i guess spelling pwns you too

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back