2010 Mustang Revealed!

Charlie Sheen

Armed and Hammered
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
A redesigned 2010 Ford Mustang was unveiled by the press at 12:01 AM on November 18, 2008, prior to the Los Angeles International Auto Show. As it has been hinted by Ford and other sources in the weeks running up to the unveiling, the 2010 Mustang is a revision of the 2005-2009 models, remaining on the D2C platform. The new exterior is an evolution of 2005-2009 Mustang, being sculpted for a leaner, more athletic appearance. This evolution continues on into the interior with a revised look that features higher quality plastics and real aluminum trim. Powertrains for the 2010 Mustang have been carried over from the 2005-2009 models for both the base Mustang and Mustang GT. In spite of this, the Mustang GT's 4.6 L V8 has been revised to make 315 hp (235 kW) and 325 lb·ft (440 N·m) of torque, similar to the output of the 2008-2009 Mustang Bullitt. The minimal changes to the Mustang's powertrain follows a recent strategy by Ford not to wait to synchronize vehicle redesigns with new powertrains. A case in point is the Ford Escape when it was redesigned for 2008. Even though the Escape was redesigned it carried over powertrains that were relatively unchanged from the 2007 model year. A year later, the 2009 Escape gained all-new powertrains across all models. Similarly to this situation, the redesigned 2010 Mustang will go on sale with powertrains carried over from the 2009 model with new powertrains appearing for the 2011 model.

Other mechanical features for the 2010 Mustang include new spring rates and dampers to improve ride quality and control, standard AdvanceTrac stability control on all models, and an optional 3.73:1 rear axle for the Mustang GT. Base V6 models come standard with 17-inch wheels with 18-inch wheels optional while GT models come standard with 18-inch wheels and optional 19-inch wheels. In spite of the changes to the 2010 Mustang, V6 models are only 15 lbs heavier than a similarly equipped 2009 model while GTs are only 35 lbs heavier than a similar 2009 Mustang GT. Other new features and options include Ford SYNC, dual-zone automatic climate control, an updated navigation system with Sirius Travel Link, a capless fuel filler, and a reverse camera system to aid in backing up. The 2010 Mustang will be released in Spring, 2009.

Redwolf

Reaction score
I dont care if you use the cheerleader term and call them new edges, the 99-04's are SN-95's. Same damn chassis.

What the fuck is a "cheerleader" term? LAK3RS and I are not talking about chassis. We are talking about body changes. Therefore, the SN95 and New Edge are different and the reason for giving it a different name. Ford gave it that name, not me.

Herknav

Devil's Advocate
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Did I just see a stock STB?

I do like some of the new colors...

crazyray78

Reaction score
Some things about it I like, other things I don't, especially the rear design of the car :tdown: They missed the mark big time with that design IMO, It looks like its trying to be a BMW or some other overseas crap. Whats up with the lighted gas pedal, I hope its actually a chrome pedal just reflecting an under the dash light maybe? If not, I have no trouble finding my black rubber/plastic one at night. Do we REALLY need a lit gas pedal? I say nope. Hey FoMoCo, how about take the money saved from not making that lit up pedal and give us more RWHP! Geez.

Last edited:

crazyray78

Reaction score
Not knocking BMW really, they do have some good styling. I'm just thinking the designers are trying too hard to turn the mustang into a more "upscale" sports car, not just another american muscle car like it should be. I have no problem with that, but the mustang is an American Icon, if someone overseas likes it they will buy it regarless, because its a Mustang. The designers don't need to have any euro designing cues to sell them abroad. I'm just saying that the rear doesn't scream mustang to me. Also, the plastic cladding around the exhaust tips screams pontiac IMO. Remember the aztek? Yuck.:tdown:

Last edited:

fordracing

12.84@108 1.89 60' N/A
Reaction score
Lets put it this way if this mustang came out before the mustang I own now, I would not be driving a mustang again. I like my 2005 much more then the 2010 model. I hate that they are giving it a more modern look. Old school look is what I like about mine

I HATE the front end; rear tail lights are ok; I do like the upper body line right behind the doors.

Interior is ok....nothing special.

Overall glad I like mine better....now I dont have to buy a new one. :)

06gt4rad

forum member
Reaction score
That's where I disagree, The S197 platform was designed to provide a more retro-look. Steeda/Roush/Saleen/Rage/that ugly fucking Italian thing/etc all came along and tried to improve retro-styling with spaceman/euro crap. Anyone want to bet milk money that this car sells no-where near the numbers that the S197's did? And no, I'm not giving points for the current economy...

I agree 100% Stan First thing I though when i saw it was Yuck!! it looks to European. But I will hold off on final judgment until i see it in person. I also think they screwed the interior up. By the way where is the center console? We barley have any storage currently and now they took it away all together. And a freaking door to uncover the cup holder Sheesh!!!

06gt4rad

forum member
Reaction score
OK what is up with the accordion hose coming from the intake tube?

2010Engine.jpg

Rash

Reaction score
""Mustang also features an industry-first Induction Sound Tube (IST), which enhances the driving experience by piping the sound of the induction system directly into the passenger compartment."

Yep - they pipe the sound of the air intake into the cabin. WTF.

LAK3RS

Original Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score

2010Engine.jpg

I may be wrong on this, so don't quote me! I believe it's an air duct type thing mounted on the lower grille area. So I assume it has different types of filters and shit in there as well.

"I Think"........

Back