2011-2012 Axleback flange tab?

PvilleStang

Your tax dollars at work!
Reaction score
Hey, sadly, it was a trick I picked up with the Roush instructions along with the User reviews on CJ Pony Parts AND American Muscle.

aequitas4

Reaction score
as said, you can use a angle grinder with a cut off wheel, a Dremel with a cut off wheel, tin snips, or if you have none of the above available to you, you can bend the clamp back and forth until the small piece of metal breaks

I did the "bend back and forth" method and it worked great.

keoni1984

Homicidal
Reaction score
Also, when you're swapping the exhaust, it helps to:
Remove the exhaust hanger retention bolts on the forward hangers.
Loosen the clamps near the H on the pipes.

These will help tremendously with removal / installation.

+1 I did this as well, much easier. I basically took the AB's, hangers and mounts off all as one unit... tight fit, but if you fanagle it, it'll come out without having to loosen the rest of the exhaust connections. BTW, the Roush AB's sound amazing, cost ~$450, AND come with clamps. Just sayin ;)

bruthru2003

Reaction score
Congrats on the axle backs. How did the install turn out? I have the Borla Ataks on mine and I love them.

MUSTANG GUY

forum member
Reaction score
Congrats on the axle backs. How did the install turn out? I have the Borla Ataks on mine and I love them.

I wasn't able to install it because we got some extreme cold and about 6 inches of snow and even tho my cars stored in a semi heated garage I plan on doing the rear diffuser at the same time and with it being so cold I was worried that the tabs will be brittle on the diffuser and higher chance of breaking.
It's better today and should only be just under the freezing mark this weekend, so I will be doing both this weekend. I'll update when done

ModTechRacing

forum member
Reaction score
I did the same that everyone else is saying just bent it back and forth till it broke . then put it in a vice just tight enough to hold it, and I ripped the tab off the clamp

2012BlkBrem

Reaction score
I swapped them out for a set of muffler deletes ... Did in driveway without removing swaybars, or anything besides the stock pieces.. other owner told me might have to remove them but he must've been high.. a little liquid soap on the rubber muffler brackets goes miles for getting them to slip off... SOUND is AMAZING and half the price of Borla or the like

Miked73USA

Reaction score
It's easy, pull old mufflers and clamps off, in one piece. Put new mufflers with new clamps on. Depending on your axle backs you may need to drop the rear swaybar and panhard bar brace. I did when I put the corsas on. It took me about 30 minutes to do both sides on ramps.

How do you like them corsas? Which model did u go with? And did you connect them to a offload pipe? Any drone? Any vid of them? Thanks, and have a good one.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back