2011 Gt500 TVS Supercharger

jason0156

Kenne Bell Time
Reaction score
i just ordered a 2011 Gt500 Svt Package. I want to do a ported stock blower or a Ford Racing TVS. Who has the Best deals on the TVS?
Prices should be coming down, with the whipple 2.9l being the same price. Also the new Camaros will have the TVS as standard Equipment.

Jason

This is the color combo I ordered.

Attachments

• stang.bmp
    487.8 KB · Views: 60

bpmurr

forum member
Reaction score
i just ordered a 2011 Gt500 Svt Package. I want to do a ported stock blower or a Ford Racing TVS. Who has the Best deals on the TVS?
Prices should be coming down, with the whipple 2.9l being the same price. Also the new Camaros will have the TVS as standard Equipment.

Jason

This is the color combo I ordered.

Why not get the Whipple 2.9 or the Ford Racing kit with it?

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I am not a big whipple fan. Everyone and there mother has a Whipple.

hmmmmm maybe there is a reason for that.............????

also not a tech topic... of to chat

jason0156

Kenne Bell Time
Reaction score
I am a kenne bell guy till the end. But i don't want to have to add a ton of weight back over the front wheels. i think the tvs will be the same weight as the stock eaton

Natural1

all around duguder
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I am a kenne bell guy till the end. But i don't want to have to add a ton of weight back over the front wheels. i think the tvs will be the same weight as the stock eaton
Huh? You shouldn't put a blower on your car at all because the power it makes won't offset the weight gain. You need a Tornado or perhaps an electric supercharger!!

:thumb2:

Last edited:

jason0156

Kenne Bell Time
Reaction score
I want a more balanced car this time. I don't want to build just a drag car this time. i am looking towards Road racing, some drag racing, but alot of Street driving.

Cobra SS

forum member
Reaction score

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
This is the Lil'J I know. Looking to mod the car before you have even driven it. If you want ballance how about going with a stelth turbo like SD is selling. It could be modified to fit a GT500 and it would take the weight of the S/C off the top of the motor. You could also do a Centri type S/C, they are much lighter. Personally I would go with the Whipple but that is just me.

SirKnightTG

forum member
Reaction score
But seriously, why do you really need to do anything with the blower at all? Isn't the stock HP enough for your needs?

By getting a custom tune, smaller blower pulley, and full exhaust will gain you a lot and would be much cheaper than messing with the blower (other than the pulley of course) or swapping it. If for some reason you still need more, add some nitrous. That weight is only added to the rear and it's not all that much anyway.

But really, you're much better off making tire and suspension changes rather than making more power. The stock tires and suspension already has its hands full with stock power levels.

Last edited:

jason0156

Kenne Bell Time
Reaction score
I already bought the Suspension stuff! LOL And the Exhaust!

But seriously, why do you really need to do anything with the blower at all? Isn't the stock HP enough for your needs?

By getting a custom tune, smaller blower pulley, and full exhaust will gain you a lot and would be much cheaper than messing with the blower (other than the pulley of course) or swapping it. If for some reason you still need more, add some nitrous. That weight is only added to the rear and it's not all that much anyway.

But really, you're much better off making tire and suspension changes rather than making more power. The stock tires and suspension already has its hands full with stock power levels.

Back