2011 Mustang GT W/ RTR Stripes

Georgia_Coyote_5.0

Reaction score
Just bought my first Mustang about a month ago and love, love, love it. Have always been a SUV guy for practicality but wife gave me go ahead to get a GT and I'm sooooo happy. Car was pretty much bone stock except for GT axle backs which were wayyy too quiet for me. I wanted a louder, deeper growl so I went with the Borla S-Type axle backs and they are awesome.

Mods so far:

Borla S-Type Axle Back
Raxiom tail light sequencers
Bullit GT fuel door
Blacked out rear deck emblem, 5.0 emblem
Plastidip black rear spoiler
Rear side louvers

Also just had RTR Stripes installed and really think I like them. I saw a lot of pictures of sterlin greys with red stripes but wasn't sure til I saw them in person.

I also just bought an Airaid Race CAI and SCT X4 tuner and ordered a custom tune from Steeda. Got a great deal locally on the CAI/SCT combo from a guy who sold his GT. $300 for both and CAI looks new. SCT is unmarried.

I also grabbed a pair of SVE Series 2 with plans to stagger them but have decided I don't want black wheels on the car so I'm going to sell them. Sweet wheels, just going a different direction.

K47OP9J.jpg

qMVhD8G.jpg

ytGCSf1.jpg

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
Congrats on the new 'Stang! You are gonna love it, especially after living in SUV world for a while. And welcome to the forum.

I really like those SVE wheels myself, but I think with those stripes, and the blacked out trim, a solid black wheel would look killer, like the SVE Drifts or AMR's/RTR's. Just my $0.02.

TenSpeed

Boss 227..every damn time
Reaction score
Love the color of the car, and the wheels. Not a fan at all of the stripes.

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Congrats on the car.

Love the car, hate the stripes, especially the hood decal/stripe/whatever it is.
Sorry.

mrgtx

forum member
Reaction score
Just bought my first Mustang about a month ago and love, love, love it. Have always been a SUV guy for practicality but wife gave me go ahead to get a GT and I'm sooooo happy. Car was pretty much bone stock except for GT axle backs which were wayyy too quiet for me. I wanted a louder, deeper growl so I went with the Borla S-Type axle backs and they are awesome.

Mods so far:

Borla S-Type Axle Back
Raxiom tail light sequencers
Bullit GT fuel door
Blacked out rear deck emblem, 5.0 emblem
Plastidip black rear spoiler
Rear side louvers

Also just had RTR Stripes installed and really think I like them. I saw a lot of pictures of sterlin greys with red stripes but wasn't sure til I saw them in person.

I also just bought an Airaid Race CAI and SCT X4 tuner and ordered a custom tune from Steeda. Got a great deal locally on the CAI/SCT combo from a guy who sold his GT. $300 for both and CAI looks new. SCT is unmarried.

I also grabbed a pair of SVE Series 2 with plans to stagger them but have decided I don't want black wheels on the car so I'm going to sell them. Sweet wheels, just going a different direction.

K47OP9J.jpg

qMVhD8G.jpg

ytGCSf1.jpg

I will add a +1 on the congrats!!
I have been flogging the heck out of mine for over 5 years now and I love it more every time I drive it. I like every high performance Mustang I've ever driven but there's just something special about the Coyote powered S197s. :)

How did you go about getting your RTR stripes made? Last I checked, you can't buy the official vinyl anywhere so it must be custom, right?

07TR

forum member
Reaction score
I personally think those stripes look sick

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back