2011+ N/A bolt-on, stock longblock, street legal, Coyote shootout

wbt

forum member
Reaction score
This is a good idea, but I think with the way the weather is down in the south I dont believe we will see a new record holder

This isn't about setting any records and no doubt the conditions aren't going to be prime for that. This is more of getting the known quickest/fastest (in this category) together at the same track under the same conditions to see who can produce the best time(s).

casper gt

forum member
Reaction score
I've considered going if I can, and yes even thought about taking my car. I want to at least be there, but due to scheduling I just can't commit at this time.

Something to consider. I think every car should have to go across the scales after each and every pass. The usual precautions taken, i.e. no stopping on the return road before the scale so you can't pick up your helmet full of lead hidden in the tall grass, no one other than the driver near the car until the weigh in is completed to prevent handing off weight to the driver, etc. Without teardowns and fuel checks there are lots of cheating possibilities you just can't do anything about, but you can make sure no one is light easily enough.

I have thought about things like weighing the cars too but the bottom line is that the NMRA wouln't hold up the program for us anymore than what they already have.

I don't see any chance of any records being set or broken anyway, the weather at BG that time of year doesn't really support it.

It will just be a get together of sorts for fun, IMO, I think we can police ourselves on the tech stuff, if someone shows up running a number that their build up to that time/the current weather doesn't support, we will all be there to sort it out rather than trying to do it remotely over the internet.

Last edited:

kdanner

forum member
Reaction score
I just looked at the weather for the past 4 years during this event. The air was better than we ever get to run in here, all 4 times. I'd certainly expect the grey car to run better than it ever has if the weather is that way yet again.

If the cars aren't even going to be weighed, that opens the door to cars that are so cheated up that I really don't have any interest in putting any effort into anything for this.

wbt

forum member
Reaction score
No reason the cars can't be weighed prior to running. In between each hot lapped pass probably not. I expect every participating car will be parked in a designated area prior to the cruise, before the weigh in.

We can work out the details over the next couple of months. Removing the minimum weight requirement would null and void the credibility of the event.

casper gt

forum member
Reaction score
I just looked at the weather for the past 4 years during this event. The air was better than we ever get to run in here, all 4 times. I'd certainly expect the grey car to run better than it ever has if the weather is that way yet again.

If the cars aren't even going to be weighed, that opens the door to cars that are so cheated up that I really don't have any interest in putting any effort into anything for this.

the cars will get weighed when they get teched in, after that though we are on our own.

as to the weather, it might be better than what your used to, I'm not shure, generally speaking a car from here will be a tenth or so slow down there. if it works in you guy's favor weather wise, thats racing, maybe we will see new records.

like I said though, I don't think I would sweat the small stuff, if someone runs a number that doesn't look right, call them on it, you would have my full support at least & I'm shure Brett's too.

the scales will be open all weekend we just can't stop after every run, but if theres a probelm that shows up we can weigh the car before the final standings are posted, if someone gets caught breaking the simple rules we outlined, they are out, simple as that, with the whole mustang internet community watching, I don't think anyone would be that dumb.

same goes for mods, if anyone thinks there is a question, pull a valve cover or intake/etc. Brett & I have talked about this as well, I don't think anyone will cheat, but the probelm is easily fixed.

what I expect is most cars will fall into the 11.1-11.5 range @ 120 ish if someone shows up running a 10.3 or something, we all will know theres a probelm.

maybe since there is an open track session on friday, the best thing would be to make shure everyone is there friday morning, weigh the cars in as a group & then do some time trials to see where everyone is et wise before the event is comprimised on sat.

46Tbird

forum member
Reaction score
Pretty easy here. The format is an average of three passes, so after the third pass every car goes across the scales for rules compliance validation. It takes like 30 extra seconds, lol. Have an official waiting by the scale. Skipping the scale is an automatic dq.

kdanner

forum member
Reaction score
Pretty easy here. The format is an average of three passes, so after the third pass every car goes across the scales for rules compliance validation. It takes like 30 extra seconds, lol. Have an official waiting by the scale. Skipping the scale is an automatic dq.

I think this seems reasonable. Since this is part of true street there is no working on the cars allowed after coming back from the cruise and they go right into the back to back 3 passes. These cars really should be all organized in line together, with them that close everyone can keep an eye on everyone else for any handing off weight to the drivers before the last pass.

Weighing only the day before as part of tech is flat out unacceptable. No class ever just weighs at tech, they always weigh after the pass, when the weight actually matters.

wbt

forum member
Reaction score
**Status update**

casper gt has bowed out of this event. I am not going to go into particulars. If he wishes to discuss I'll leave that to him.

With that said and he being a coordinator with the contacts back into NMRA for this to take place, the event is on hold until further notification. I am not sure if I will have the bandwidth to handle 100% of the leg work at this time.

Either way, I have already booked hotels and budgeted for the trip so there is a good chance I will take my car and participate at the race in some form.

As developments progress I will post updates so all potential racers will have an opportunity to plan accordingly.

kylecm85

forum member
Reaction score
I'll be there to watch this for sure. Already plan on going. The weather last year was great. There where some mornings that the DA was -600 or more. The track is always prepped right as well.

Jarrod@latemodelresto

Official Vendor
Reaction score
**Status update**

casper gt has bowed out of this event. I am not going to go into particulars. If he wishes to discuss I'll leave that to him.

With that said and he being a coordinator with the contacts back into NMRA for this to take place, the event is on hold until further notification. I am not sure if I will have the bandwidth to handle 100% of the leg work at this time.

Either way, I have already booked hotels and budgeted for the trip so there is a good chance I will take my car and participate at the race in some form.

As developments progress I will post updates so all potential racers will have an opportunity to plan accordingly.

Do you know if Larry emailed or called Jeff about this?

GERMANSHEPERD

forum member
Reaction score
They should make it an S197 NA shootout period (include all 3V and 4V's) and I think you would have some serious participation.

wbt

forum member
Reaction score
They should make it an S197 NA shootout period (include all 3V and 4V's) and I think you would have some serious participation.

Stock long block using the criteria in the original post? 3V wouldn't be in the same category.

DTony

forum member
Reaction score
That and the fact he wasn't driving the car or even there. Something stinks about the whole thing.:wtf1:

I agree. The time his car ran was fast, but I would like to see what it runs +DA with him driving, on a normal prep'd track that most people run on.

I was real interested to see how everyone matched up at the same track, same day. That's the only true way to settle it.

kdanner

forum member
Reaction score
I agree. The time his car ran was fast, but I would like to see what it runs +DA with him driving, on a normal prep'd track that most people run on.

At the MIR NMRA event(same track as the 10.78), Justin still driving, it ran:

[email protected] in +924DA 1.542 60'
11.21@124 in -401DA 1.544 60'
[email protected] in -907DA 1.574 60'

Last pass was 1st round of eliminations. Larry claims the time was off compared to the 10.78 because Justin was on the brakes trying to avoid a breakout. However, that is more MPH than it ran there on the 10.78.

When running at an actual event the car slowed down a tenth to 60, and 3.5 tenths in the 1/4, on the same track in similar air.

Those are the numbers, draw your own conclusions.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back