2011+ Sticking clutch pedal fix

gizmo5

Italian between my legs
Reaction score
My clutch pedal stuck under high RPM shifts. I fixed it.

You can either buy a new line upgrade, buy a new clutch OR do what Im about to show you...

Warning: If you break shit, crash, die, stab yourself in th eye with pliers or in any way become more ugly than you already are after following this DIY guide... I assume no responsibility and you suck. :crazy:

Step 1 - Remove top clutch kill switch assembly for cruise control. Twist it

Step 2 - Remove clip and arm off of the left side of the pedal, clutch hydraulic arm. HOW you ask? Remove the clip on the left side, then push clutch slightly in to remove pressure, you will feel when it will move freely. Pull left and twist arm parallel to the marching surface aka ground.

Step 3 - Pull pedal towards you/seat/back of car. All the way until the spring pops out of its white plastic cup/seat

Step 4 - Remove fuckshitard spring from your life, reassemble everything else, and realize that your pedal assembly is now a GT500 clone with no stupid ass "assist spring" holding the pedal down
clutchpedalfix_zps36071939.jpg

See this guy? Fuck this little guy...
2012-12-31_15-59-13_193.jpg

Kenaizer

forum member
Reaction score
Haha I wasn't planning on doing this but think I will now just because of this write up.

gizmo5

Italian between my legs
Reaction score
Let me know how it works for you guys. It made my clutch feel sooo much better, and I went and tried to induce a stuck pedal and couldn't do it. 1-4 shifts all at redline, pedal works as advertised.

mikeyfitz

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
Ill probably do it to see what it does. I can't figure out what you guys were talking about though lol

gizmo5

Italian between my legs
Reaction score
Ill probably do it to see what it does. I can't figure out what you guys were talking about though lol

lol, the clutch pedal has a senseless spring that helps push it to the floor board. My hypothesis to this phenomenon is that Ford allowed a vagina to be employed in the pedal assembly design department. Therefore allowing someone to insert a spring assist... Ergo making it a less awesome design than the GT500 unit.

Following the above DIY tutorial will allow you to drive at warp speed and shift like a God...
:thumb2:

Wingspan

forum member
Reaction score
I just did this, thanks for the instructions. I haven't had the chance to drive it yet (damn snow) but the pedal feel is much improved.

2012yote

forum member
Reaction score
I did this to mine today. Does anyone else have what feels like about a 1/4" free play before you feel pressure?

07TGGT

@user
Reaction score
I did this to mine today. Does anyone else have what feels like about a 1/4" free play before you feel pressure?

Yes, and it's normal because you don't have the assist spring always pulling down on the pedal. Nothing to worry about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iceguyb14

Mustang Fanatic
Reaction score
Definitely going to have to try this. I hate my clutch getting sucked to the floor and Ford won't replace shit til they can replicate it which won't happen unless they go around 90mph in my car lol.

Just curious, how stiff is this "assist spring"? Is it really applying a lot of pressure?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

2012yote

forum member
Reaction score
The spring made a very noticeable difference. It definitely takes more effort pushing the clutch in now, But feels a lot better IMO.

Sent from my Transformer Pad using Tapatalk

gizmo5

Italian between my legs
Reaction score
That compression spring is stout! It pushes the pedal quite a bit

gizmo5

Italian between my legs
Reaction score

Yes, it sits at the top with a smig of free play. A small price to pay for a GT500 setup that feels waaay better. :beer:

2012yote

forum member
Reaction score
Yes, it sits at the top with a smig of free play. A small price to pay for a GT500 setup that feels waaay better. :beer:

From what I have read on the internet my month build should have already had the GT500 clutch assembly. And no way was I going to take it to the stealership for the swap so they could dog the shit out of my car as well.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

07TGGT

@user
Reaction score
From what I have read on the internet my month build should have already had the GT500 clutch assembly. And no way was I going to take it to the stealership for the swap so they could dog the shit out of my car as well.

I highly doubt Ford would put the GT500 units in the GTs to fix a problem they're not really concerned about. Check it and I bet you have the same unit as every other GT

2012yote

forum member
Reaction score
I highly doubt Ford would put the GT500 units in the GTs to fix a problem they're not really concerned about. Check it and I bet you have the same unit as every other GT

Yes I do have the same. I will try and find the information when i get home about the pedal assembly being changed at a certain build date and it mentions what to look for so you would know if you needed the swap. Supposedly they are aware of the sticking issue and are changing them out. I called a local dealer months ago about bringing mine in for it but after reading a story of a dealer damaging a persons car I will try to avoid it at all costs.

07TGGT

@user
Reaction score
Well, it must be build dates after September. I haven't heard anything about the being swapped out though. I'm interested to see where you read that though.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back