2012 Mustang GT Tuning Now Available

S

Steedagus

Just wanted to let everyone with a 2012 GT that has been waiting for tuning and cold air/tuning package availability that we now have the tuning available.

Thanks to everyone for your patience!

J.Kidd

forum member
Reaction score
No. Pretty sure he meant 2012. Apparently the 2012's have slightly different access codes (or whatever they are) than the 2011's.

Night-Mare

Reaction score
With an othewise stock vehicle, what kind of numbers are we looking at in terms of gains on the dyno with the steeda tune and CAI? I have been a long time fan of steeda and love your products and brand loyalty is something I have highly for this company. A lot of discussion on tunes, but I havent been able to locate a comparison chart between different companies tunes and definately want to get the most for my money.

Also, I was curious about warranties since y'all have teamed up with Fords. Will the CAI and tune negate any portion or the warranty or with this partnership/agreement? Just trying to educate myself a little =)

Sorry for the poorly written post, my kid is jumping all over me trying to play cars with me lol.

Cheers

S

Steedagus

Here is a dyno sheet showing typical results from a cold air and tune package.

2011-mustang-cold-air-intake-8.jpg

On the warranty question you will get different answers from different people. There is a federal law called the Magnuson Moss act that states that a vehicle manufacturer can't void your warranty just because an aftermarket part is installed. They have to tie the modification you did to the failure. If your add ons caused the issue they can deny fixing your car under warranty.

However, the reality is many dealers look at aftermarket parts as a hassle and will try to void your warranty for any modification and try to make you pay for repairs.

Every dealer is different. I've seen people bring cars into dealers with twin turbo's for legitimate warranty work and get it done without hassle. I've seen others go in with a non factory oil filter and get hassled. Your experience will depend completely on your dealer.

Night-Mare

Reaction score
Gus,

Thanks so much for your response. I have seen you around the forums for years now, and you always do a great job helping people. I have a newbie question, as I have never tuned a car before, but will the tuner "learn" the stock tune so I can reflash it back?

If that is the case, then reason would tell me that if I ever had a warranty issue I could flash back to the stock tune and put the stock CAI back in. Would this be correct? Would there be a way for the dealer to look at logged data from the vehicle to double check, if they ever decided to?

S

Steedagus

Gus,

Thanks so much for your response. I have seen you around the forums for years now, and you always do a great job helping people. I have a newbie question, as I have never tuned a car before, but will the tuner "learn" the stock tune so I can reflash it back?

If that is the case, then reason would tell me that if I ever had a warranty issue I could flash back to the stock tune and put the stock CAI back in. Would this be correct? Would there be a way for the dealer to look at logged data from the vehicle to double check, if they ever decided to?

The tuner will store the stock tune which allows you to reflash back to stock, BUT, if you reflash and go straight back to the dealer they will probably know you reflashed if they decide to look. You would need to put 4 to 5 drive cycles on the car and make sure all the OBDII readiness tests are completed before you bring it in. Once that happens they should not be able to tell you reflashed the car.

Jarrod@latemodelresto

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Just in time for my 2012 to roll off the truck. Ill be throwing on the Steeda CAI just as soon as i can get my car here.

Justinjor

JUIC3D
Reaction score
Wow, very nice. Makes me excited to take delivery of my 2012 KB here in a couple months.

407whp with just a tune and an intake?? Am I reading that correctly? Forgive me as I'm new to the Mustang club but that seems pretty phenomenal. Well done

EDIT: I see the CF is SAE but I'm not 100% sure what that means. Sea level? I live in Florida so I'm thinking I have just about the best conditions available for big hp numbers. I could be wrong though.

S

Steedagus

Yes that is just from a cold air and tune at the rear wheels.

Unfortunately Florida is not the best place to make power. That's always hindered us for advertising numbers. The heat and humidity down here just kill us. So we are very happy with the results we have been getting.

Justinjor

JUIC3D
Reaction score
That's true. Great numbers though and that makes me even more excited. I see you and BBR are both in Pompano? Damn I really do need to take a road trip in the summer.

Do you think the power numbers are hurt all the time here in Florida? Or primarily in the 95+ degree summers?

S

Steedagus

That's true. Great numbers though and that makes me even more excited. I see you and BBR are both in Pompano? Damn I really do need to take a road trip in the summer.

Do you think the power numbers are hurt all the time here in Florida? Or primarily in the 95+ degree summers?

Anytime the dew point gets into the mid 60's and temps above 85 degrees its all downhill from there.

Typical summer temps get to between 95 and 100 degrees with dewpoints at 75 to 78 degrees and heat indexes in the 105-110 range. A dyno on one of those days will not produce great number. A car like the one dyno'd above that made 407 on a day in the upper 70's would probably not even break 400 to the tires in our typical summer weather.

Justinjor

JUIC3D
Reaction score
Good to know. Is there a specific website that monitors those types of numbers throughout our state?

S

Steedagus

I typically just use weather.com, type in our zip code, then when your local details come up there is a tab that says "expand weather details" and thats where you get the dew point, relative humidity, etc.

There other sources too but weather.com does the job.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back