2013 Ford C-Max

Darin

forum member
Reaction score
We got one about 5 months ago and love it except it doesn't get the 47mpg. We were getting 42 when we bought it and now it's down to about 38.

Hatchman

Stangless
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
We love it too, just not worried about the mpg. We read a lot of reviews about people not getting 47, but decided even if it only gets around 40, that would be fine. Right now, we're getting around 42 but it's not broken in yet.

Darin

forum member
Reaction score
We love it too, just not worried about the mpg. We read a lot of reviews about people not getting 47, but decided even if it only gets around 40, that would be fine. Right now, we're getting around 42 but it's not broken in yet.

I think that's what took us down to 38 was it got broken in. It's my wife's DD and her daily commute keeps her off the highway and in pretty much optimum hybrid conditions.

Hatchman

Stangless
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I changed the oil to full synthetic yesterday and got 52 mpg today. Weird.

The break in oil looked like muddy green swamp water. Yuck.

Darin, did you ever do an oil change? If not, you should. I drained out tiny metal frags and little chunks of gasket sealant/RTV.

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score

Darin, did you ever do an oil change? If not, you should. I drained out tiny metal frags and little chunks of gasket sealant/RTV.

Doing the Fusion this weekend; Lynn has been at 40.XX over the past week so not 47 but it only has 500 miles on it.

Hatchman

Stangless
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Doing the Fusion this weekend; Lynn has been at 40.XX over the past week so not 47 but it only has 500 miles on it.

Cool! Let us know what the break in oil looked like. Another guy with a Cmax said his looked greenish brown as well, but at least he didn't have any metal flakes.

Darin

forum member
Reaction score

Not yet, but planned on it for this weekend. I will reset the mileage computer after and see if there is a change with fresh full synthetic oil.

Hatchman

Stangless
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
3 months and still no clean fuel tags from VA DMV. But they just passed a $64 a year tax on hybrids, so I got that going for me... :(

saleen836

forum member
Reaction score
Ford do not sell the hybrid here in England, but we do get a 1.6 litre turbo charged model with 182bhp.

Look on Ford.co.uk to see the models we get

HellsBells

620/677
Reaction score
Drove one of these across Europe earlier this year, 2000+ km and over 8 cities. Rides great and is spacious. Needs turbo.

Great buy for sure!

Sent from my SCT X3

Hatchman

Stangless
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Thanks to Greg@S&H Performance for the WeatherTech DigitlFit floor liners! Fit great! Look great.

Last edited:

Hatchman

Stangless
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Wait that thing loaded is 33k??? Ford is crazy

The average price for an average equipped car is $31,000. So I guess they are all crazy.

Also, you can get a loaded C-max for less than 28k, and people have gotten the basic model for around 22k.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back