2013 GT500 just decided not to start

saud alzaabi

forum member
Reaction score
I have a friend of mine who has a 2013 GT500 with full boltons + steeda triple pass heat exchanger with dual fans.

His car is on base tune but he had the codes

P0300
P0303
P0305

Which basically was for the crank relearn process, he drove the car for 1 month with not alot of wots and drivability was just perfect, yesterday his car just suddenly decided to die without any CEL or any sound, After he popped the hood he noticed the air filter had fallen off but he is certainly sure it fell off hours before his engine decided to stop because he checked oil level that morning and everything seemd fine.

The cars Fuel pump works fine, his oil is clean, plugs are clean but you do definatly feel the plugs are not igniting, We checked all the plugs n cops connections and no issues.

What could cause this ?

I also removed his supercharger belt to check the turning of the SC rotors and they are fine with zero issues.

Tried removing battery, tried retuning, tried returning to stock. NOTHING.

any tips or info is appreciated.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
does the motor crank/spin over when you try to start it? Then will not fire?

since those are misfire codes, cyl 3 & 5, opposite banks, it's probably something less local, did you try moving the COPs around or put in new plugs?

saud alzaabi

forum member
Reaction score
The engine rotates just fine and no mechanical issue, the issue is electrical, the Plugs are not getting any ignition. I checked the fuse box and relay they are all good.

Could it possibly be the PCM ?

Gray Ghost GT

Road Racing Fanatic!
Reaction score
OP, what did you find when you moved the COPs around on cylinder 3 and 5 as Stkjock suggested? Any chance you have a damaged plug wire on those cylinders?

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back