2013 GT500 Lower Grille Fit a 2013 GT?

marcspaz

~Resigned~
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the lower front grille on a 2013 GT500 fits on a 2013 GT? I bought a CDC upper grille and the stock honeycomb grille looks out of place. I can't find any aftermarket grilles that look the same and CDC doesn't have one. The closest I can find is the stock GT500 grille.

Thanks...

CDC grille on my car.

cdc_grill.jpg

Stock GT500 Lower

G64.jpg

2013_gt500_grille_on_a_2011_shelby_gt500_6.png

marcspaz

~Resigned~
Reaction score
I was thinking about buying one and trying it after Christmas... they are about $200. Just trying to find out if anyone here tried it yet.

kenneth

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yep, car looks handicapped with those grills right now.

Grabber5.sl0w

forum member
Reaction score
You can tell the GT500 Lower grille is bigger, there's no way it's going to fit. IMO That grille on a GT looks awful, just doesn't flow right. But if you're happy thats all that matters man.

marcspaz

~Resigned~
Reaction score
You can tell the GT500 Lower grille is bigger, there's no way it's going to fit. IMO That grille on a GT looks awful, just doesn't flow right. But if you're happy thats all that matters man.

Do you think it looks okay on the GT500?

The GT500 grille isn't set in as deep as the GT lower and the upper lip is taller. I am thinking the general opening is the same shape, but the different shaped lower grille make it look like the opening is bigger.

Last edited:

marcspaz

~Resigned~
Reaction score
You can try the Roush lower grill. I looks similar to the GT500 lower and will fit.

I like that too. I hit up their website and don't see a part number for the lower grille. I tried Google searches for the Roush lower too. No luck. Mustang Depot says coming soon... but that's it.

Last edited:

Grabber5.sl0w

forum member
Reaction score
Do you think it looks okay on the GT500?

The GT500 grille isn't set in as deep as the GT lower and the upper lip is taller. I am thinking the general opening is the same shape, but the different shaped lower grille make it look like the opening is bigger.

I love it on the GT500, but it flows a lot better.

Now I see what you're saying, but I would be surprised if it fits though.

konablue11gt

forum member
Reaction score
Mark,
I work for a company that makes OEM grilles, our sister plant in KY makes both Mustang grilles (gt and gt500). Ill give a guy i talk with from there a call Monday and see if both grilles share the same base mold.If they do they will interchange. I'll repost here on monday when i find out

marcspaz

~Resigned~
Reaction score
Mark,
I work for a company that makes OEM grilles, our sister plant in KY makes both Mustang grilles (gt and gt500). Ill give a guy i talk with from there a call Monday and see if both grilles share the same base mold.If they do they will interchange. I'll repost here on monday when i find out

Man, that's awesome. Thanks a bunch. I really appreciate it!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back