2013 Mustang to get GT500 styling cues, increase in horsepower

VTXFrank

Obama SUCKS!
Reaction score
If that turns out to be the way it goes, I'm gonna be jealous! That would make for an awesome looking car! Also, it will be interesting to see how they come to 425HP. If it's just through tuning or, a different set of cams.

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
Many Mustang fans will also be happy to know that the controversial taillight design first seen on the 2010 Mustang have also gone on the chopping block for 2013, giving way to a lights that run straight across the back of the car rather than angling towards the front.

Goood news, fix that ugly ass^ lol

Riptide

Will work for Mustang.
Reaction score
Hallelujah thank you ford for fixing that yay!!

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatwat

ScottsVaporGT

Reaction score
I'm not sure how I feel about this one. From the article and the 'spy' photo it seems like they are focusing on the front end...which IMO does not need to be redesigned. Also, I am not a big fan of copying the look of a GT500...from factory. If you want to do the conversion yourself, thats a different story. Ultimately I would give up the styling cues if they would fix the motor and trans issues, as the look of the car now doesn't bother me (the ass end is growing on me). Either way as of right now its just speculation on what it will look like.

atistang

forum member
Reaction score
Well maybe i'll hold back on my search for a 2012 and wait for more details of 2013's

I'm excited to see what the hp lvl is gonna be, i actually like the current rear end, i hope they dont change it to much

ZLLJ

Reaction score
I don't understand the hate on the rear end, I think it looks good.

The previous version was too square and didn't flow.

Last edited:

charlie123

forum member
Reaction score
I'm not sure how I feel about this one. From the article and the 'spy' photo it seems like they are focusing on the front end...which IMO does not need to be redesigned. Also, I am not a big fan of copying the look of a GT500...from factory. If you want to do the conversion yourself, thats a different story. Ultimately I would give up the styling cues if they would fix the motor and trans issues, as the look of the car now doesn't bother me (the ass end is growing on me). Either way as of right now its just speculation on what it will look like.

But if you look at the s197 the front end of not aligned with the side like the cs/gt. Good for them.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
Didn't flow with what? the whole 05-09 body just looks pure muscle.
Look at my sig, that shit is fuckin fantastic. fender flares, nice ass, mean front etc...

atistang

forum member
Reaction score
I don't understand the hate on the rear end, I think it looks good.

The previous version was too square and didn't flow.

Exactly.

I also got my fingers crossed for a revised mt82 or different 6spd

Shane361

forum member
Reaction score
05-09 is just butt ugly in all aspects. I had the option to get a new GT in 05 but opted for a low mileage Terminator. Needless to say I made the rite choice. The 10 came out and I fell in love with it, even the rear end. My only complaint is that the tailights need to mesh better with the deck lid and not have that pointy gap at the edges. It's all opinions and typically if you have it you will rep it but that's why we bought them in the first place. -Shane

Riptide

Will work for Mustang.
Reaction score
^
This. And the shitty cheap gray plastic trim doesn't help either.

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatwat

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
05-09 is just butt ugly in all aspects. I had the option to get a new GT in 05 but opted for a low mileage Terminator. Needless to say I made the rite choice. The 10 came out and I fell in love with it, even the rear end. My only complaint is that the tailights need to mesh better with the deck lid and not have that pointy gap at the edges. It's all opinions and typically if you have it you will rep it but that's why we bought them in the first place. -Shane

That's what blackout panels are for. :thumb:

39070754063_large.jpg

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
The blackout panel does help indeed. but dat diaper
datass1.png
lol
You're car looks good though man the rims def. make it.

jmstang66

Mayhem Mustang Winner
Reaction score
definitely curious to see how this turns out...i'm stuck in the middle on exterior..that rear is growing on me...especially after having owned one for a few months now...

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back