2015 Mustang Base GT specification Questions...

timfoster405

forum member
Reaction score
Folks, I realize this information I am asking is mostly likely here and I am in a hurry to 'maybe' go order one this week... or just add a blower to my '13.

I am looking to get a BASE Automatic (please do not confuse the answers with responses for a manual or premium car..._

Questions:
All stangs will HAVE track apps and line lock feature... already go my answer to that.

Upgraded sound system for base model... 6 speakers vs. 4?????

As for the engine, I have read the rods, pistons, and crank have been upgraded to that of the '14 Boss 302... is this correct? forged steel rods?

Automatic Trans will have improved paddle or manual shifting? '13 selecto-shift is useless.

Will the automatic GT cars finally have an optional rear end ratio? I think not... but I saw something, maybe only for the turbo automatics???

The base GT automatic WILL NOT allow you to get the power upgrade package... right? (No extra set of gauges... right?)

The upgraded brakes can NOT be gotten on a base automatic?

Lastly... for the 05 to 10 GT's with aftermarket blowers... it was pretty common to throw a rod in the 450 and up rwhp range... (I did... BTW). Is there this same issue at all with the coyote engines (11-14's) staying under 10 lbs of boost or 575 rwhp? thanks !

jaja6009

forum member
Reaction score
I don't have all ur answers but I have some.
Number of speakers? Don't know
The new 5.0 has beefier rods but they are not truly forged.
The auto has paddle shifters. The usefulness TBD.
You can get 355 gears as an option on the auto. But in the build yours of Ford.com I do not see the option but on the mustang6g forum I have seen order sheets with this.
There is no power upgrade package. There is a performance package and yes you cannot get it with an auto. But if you get the limited edition you get an auto with performance package plus pretty much every option.
No you cannot get the upgraded brakes with the auto because they are part of the performance package. But, the brakes on this new car are similar to the track pack brakes on the 2014 model, so you are getting better brakes to begin with.
I only know about the 3v engines but as with any blower this is risk of engine failure the moment you bolt it on. But a good tuner is a must when adding a blower for peace of mind. I would assume that with beefier rods this new coyote will be able to hold more power but I am not going to speculate.

timfoster405

forum member
Reaction score
thanks... that helps alot....I think I will order a '15 if there is a real difference in the rods...

GrabberBlue5.0

Gold Member
Reaction score
According to the Ford the 15's have sinter forged (powder forged) rods which is what the current models have. I honestly do not know if the boss rods were also sinter forged but it seems to me to be a carryover from 2011-2014

Boaisy

Dark Knight
Reaction score
For the gears, just have them plug in option code 455 and see if Ford's system returns an error with the automatic. Like stated earlier, build order shows it as optional even for a base GT automatic. Don't know why the Ford Build Tool online excludes performance options.

jaja6009

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah new sinter forged rods. Here is a dealer guide link from mustang6g forum.
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php/packaging-guide-2266.html

OP that forum is a wealth of knowledge for the s550. Also look into getting a membership for Mustang club of America. For $50 a year you will have acces to xplan pricing which will save you thousands since you pay invoice and not Msrp. Premium gt with xplan is only a little over base gt Msrp. There is some debate/confusion over whether or not it takes 60days from start of mca membership before u can use xplan.

I'm on the fence if I want a new loaded gt premium and add a blower or wait and save for a year or two and get the gt350.

COYO TT

Stangless
Reaction score
Another difference I think is that the base does not come with the painted/black rear diffuser....

Last edited:

FIVE-OH

forum member
Reaction score
Another difference I think is that the base does not come with the painted/black rear diffuser....

Correct. IMO the base diffuser looks cheap. The premium gets better/nicer headlights, signals and pony projecters in the mirrors too...

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Is there this same issue at all with the coyote engines (11-14's) staying under 10 lbs of boost or 575 rwhp? thanks !

Rough estimate of power expectation....

((14.7+psi)/14.7) x existing power = boosted power

or want to know how much crank power needed for a given boost level?

desired end power / ((14.7+psi)/14.7) = n/a pre-boost power

or want to estimate boost needed for a given crank power and desired end hp?

((boosted power / n/a power) x 14.7) - 14.7 = psi

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back