2015 Mustang EcoBoost Tuned!!

06redgt

forum member
Reaction score
Very nice! Might have to trade up sooner than I planned. Curious to see how the car will hold up long term at that power level.

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Anyone know how reliable it would be on these aggressive tunes? I know this is a new motor but how do the other EB handle the new power usually?

From what I remember its a pretty stout motor should handle a good amount of power. I'm gonna guess and say the motor itself may handle 1000hp in the end. I may be optimistic though.

Forged rods, forged steel crank and cast aluminum pistons, I would think 600-700rwhp wouldn't be too much of a stretch once a fuel and turbo upgrade is available.

2015-mustang-engine-specs-23l-ecoboost-4-cylinder_5817.jpg

Last edited:

lostsoul

2014 vett or 2015 stang..
Reaction score
its got forged shit too??? oyy boy...

someone swap the turbo already.. hahaha

Mustangfan

forum member
Reaction score
Chevy Eco tech 4cyl turbo has allot of 500-600hp examples cruising around

ZPounds09GT

forum member
Reaction score
From what I remember its a pretty stout motor should handle a good amount of power. I'm gonna guess and say the motor itself may handle 1000hp in the end. I may be optimistic though.

Forged rods, forged steel crank and cast aluminum pistons, I would think 600-700rwhp wouldn't be too much of a stretch once a fuel and turbo upgrade is available.

Holy crap!.. Lol. Even 600-700 is amazing for a four banger.. Maybe getting one of these wouldn't be such a bad idea then. It would sure upset a lot of people.

I think I saw some info about a company at SEMA having a kit called the FreakOBoost that was putting out some serious power. They may have swapped out the turbo already.

Some info on it. When it will be available, idk.
http://www.svtperformance.com/?p=8562

Livernois, do you all have any plans for swapping the turbo and making a kit available?

Last edited:

Mustangfan

forum member
Reaction score
Factory turbo cars are great, so much potential. As long as tuners can crack the ECU, normally there are big gains. I think we will see 500WHP ecoboost mustangs within a year. Plus it's much less costly to upgrade a car that's boosted from the factory. I have been into turbo imports for years. Supra's, 300zx etc. Love factory turbo cars, so much potential.

claudermilk

Reaction score
I think I saw some info about a company at SEMA having a kit called the FreakOBoost that was putting out some serious power. They may have swapped out the turbo already.
That would be Full-Race Motorsports http://www.full-race.com/

They have been playing with EcoBoost engines for a while & have a Freak-O-Boost F150 and Fusion already. The 2015 Mustang is probably a large part of why their Fusion R&D seems to have stalled lately. They had an interesting 2013 Fusion at last year's SEMA that got the community all hot & bothered, but still haven't gotten anything to market.

Livernois Motorsports

Livernois Motorsports
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Holy crap!.. Lol. Even 600-700 is amazing for a four banger.. Maybe getting one of these wouldn't be such a bad idea then. It would sure upset a lot of people.

Some info on it. When it will be available, idk.
http://www.svtperformance.com/?p=8562

Livernois, do you all have any plans for swapping the turbo and making a kit available?

I'm sure we will have upgrades available. These cars will most likely be out of fuel system and will probably require methanol with the turbo. We are still testing/developing.

ummduh

forum member
Reaction score
Well geez, Ford seemed to have learned some type of lesson about spark plug threads somewheres along the line.. ...

(from the freaOboost site)

Attachments

• ecoboost10.jpg
    ecoboost10.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 114

AMChrisRose

AmericanMuscle.com
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Meanwhile American Muscle runs a 14.x and calls it slower than the V6. Sounds like they didn't know how to drive it.

So this is only tune and tires right?

Our stock run is actually faster. We ran crappy the one night we went to a terribly prepped track on a grudge night with 87 still in the car, stock tire pressure, 40 degree weather. That's what the car will do off of the showroom floor for the average guy. Nobody on this forum is the average guy.

We'll all use 93, likely be a more experienced driver, etc. which will get us mid-high 13's.

Our after-run was with Bama's standard publicly available 93 Track Tune.

Last edited:

cm581978

forum member
Reaction score
Now if someone would come out with a great sounding exhaust for this already

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
First company to source an upgrade pump to allow E85 and 600HP is gonna do well.

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
I assume the Livernois car is running the upgraded half shafts (?).

That's dang impressive. And I second what Mustangfan said. After having four cylider turbo cars in the past, I know they have a ton of potential to make really good power.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back