2015 or 2016

Fordbanger

forum member
Reaction score
I think there will be more options and a different v8 in some way in these cars in 2016. I don't think Ford is going to change that much on the power trains as we would like to think. I'm thinking of how Ford did the 2010 Mustang owners. Everyone bought a 2010 cause of the body style only to get slapped by a bigger and better motor in 2011. I'm just saying before you run out and buy the 2015. You might wanna hold out for the 2016 options.

yes i know,I make mistakes typing & no I don't care.

Fordbanger

forum member
Reaction score
Not a story since the 2005 Mustang Ford released details on planned obsolescence hence the 2-3 year cycle Ford has been on. Even the slightest change in models counts. Look at the coyote for example 2011-12, 2013-14 engines are not the exact same. It was all released when everyone was going under. Ford stated the platforms will only have a 4-5 year life cycle. It was a way project higher profits and keeps sales up. To fords credit it has been working. As far as my previous statement, that was just a opinion.

Fordbanger

forum member
Reaction score
I also imagine it was a plan to keep investors from jumping ship to soon.

Herknav

Devil's Advocate
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
wait....

You mean that we can expect continued improvement from Ford in each successive model year?

Those Bastards!

Fordbanger

forum member
Reaction score
I know evil right?

wait....

You mean that we can expect continued improvement from Ford in each successive model year?

Those Bastards!

OK for your argument that every year from the original date is an improvement.
http://www.stangtv.com/tech-stories...n-coyote-engine-build-part-1-the-short-block/
But according to that article the 2013-2014 coyote engine had smaller head bolt 11mm vs the 12 mm head bolts in the 2011-2012 engines. Is it a lot? no. But according to the article 2011-2012 is the preferred blocks due to greatwr clamping force on the head. So on your argument wouldn't it be the other way around? just saying.

Last edited by a moderator:

s8v4o

forum member
Reaction score
wait....

Those Bastards!

Just like the minor improvement from the 10 to the 11 right? IMO the uninformed bought 2010 when the could have held out for more than 100 extra HP the following year.

Last edited:

Fordbanger

forum member
Reaction score
Just like the minor improvement from the 10 to the 11 right? IMO the uninformed bought 2010 when the could have held out for more than 100 extra HP the following year.

Exactly remember in 2010 the 5.0l was all rumors. Ford didn't want anyone to know that the new engine would be in the 2011. Why because it would hurt the sales on the 2010 models. So when the 2015 rolls out with the same 5.0l with just a bump in horsepower which would be exactly what they did in 2010. There was really only two improvements on the s197 gt's mid 08 the got the 12mm plugs and 2011 the got 5.0l the body line is irrelevant. Think the sn-95 and new edge. I would rather a more powerful engine than a new body.

WOT

forum member
Reaction score
15-17 revised engine
18 Refresh body with DI
2021 New car Smaller lighter on new platform.

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
Why stop there? what about waiting for 2017, 2018 or 2019!?
Oh wait what if they update in 2020!??

....and that's how you end up with no mustang ever because you keeping waiting for the next one.
Only personal rule I have is never buying the first year of a new model, let them get the bugs worked out.
Also I highly doubt we will ever see a factory GT with over 500hp, so don't think the horsepower is just going to keep going up to infinity.

5.ohmygod

Reaction score
I remember when we thought motorcycles with 100 hp were just insane. Times change and so does perspective. I've got a bike making north of 200 hp and would love to elevate that number. Will the gt make 500+ for 2016? Probably not, but I wouldn't say never.

Fordbanger

forum member
Reaction score
Why stop there? what about waiting for 2017, 2018 or 2019!?
Oh wait what if they update in 2020!??

....and that's how you end up with no mustang ever because you keeping waiting for the next one.
Only personal rule I have is never buying the first year of a new model, let them get the bugs worked out.
Also I highly doubt we will ever see a factory GT with over 500hp, so don't think the horsepower is just going to keep going up to infinity.

If your own personal rule is not to buy the first year the new model comes out. Are you not agreeing with everything I just said? So you just backed me up with out even knowing it, lol. All I said was I would wait to see what 2016 holds vs. Buying a 2015. Which would be the first year of the new model. I already have a Mustang so either way I still have one. I wonder how many people traded their 2005 Mustang in on 2010? Wishing they would have waited to get the 2011.

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score
I know evil right?

OK for your argument that every year from the original date is an improvement.
http://www.stangtv.com/tech-stories...n-coyote-engine-build-part-1-the-short-block/
But according to that article the 2013-2014 coyote engine had smaller head bolt 11mm vs the 12 mm head bolts in the 2011-2012 engines. Is it a lot? no. But according to the article 2011-2012 is the preferred blocks due to greatwr clamping force on the head. So on your argument wouldn't it be the other way around? just saying.

You know there was more than just the bolt diameter that was changed, right? They also went to a fine thread. So,instead of focusing on the smaller diameter bolt, maybe look at the fine thread instead... Fine thread = greater clamping force. Smaller bolt = more block material = less block distortion when torqued. It was an improvement.

Fordbanger

forum member
Reaction score
You know there was more than just the bolt diameter that was changed, right? They also went to a fine thread. So,instead of focusing on the smaller diameter bolt, maybe look at the fine thread instead... Fine thread = greater clamping force. Smaller bolt = more block material = less block distortion when torqued. It was an improvement.

I have to admit I am not that familiar with the 5.0l. but I was going off of what rgr was stating in the article. Not my personal opinion am I by far nothing even close to a engine builder. So when I read what experts say I take it as good info.

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
I agree with you on all points except you forgot to mention on the 2031 you can get a 401A that includes the road head prep package (windows frost up on a touch of a button, kleenex tissues, etc, etc)

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score
I agree with you on all points except you forgot to mention on the 2031 you can get a 401A that includes the road head prep package (windows frost up on a touch of a button, kleenex tissues, etc, etc)

My '95 Bronco had that. It worked pretty well. lol. I think at that time it was called the "69A, Humpin in the hills" option.

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back