2015 Shelby Super Snake announcned

Brezick

Yinzer
Reaction score
I know its the shelby name, but the fact that its not on top of a GT500 or GT350, and just on a GT, no thanks. I can do so much more with 50k.

Oh and there is a small notation, Shelby KEEPS all parts they take off, so you cant even resell your stock wheels, intake, ect.

Wicked GT

OCD with ADD...
Reaction score
Meh, I like the hood and lower valance/exhaust tips... definitely not worth $50k...

TW1NTRB0

forum member
Reaction score
I know its the shelby name, but the fact that its not on top of a GT500 or GT350, and just on a GT, no thanks. I can do so much more with 50k.

Oh and there is a small notation, Shelby KEEPS all parts they take off, so you cant even resell your stock wheels, intake, ect.

Yeah they have an Ebay account that they sell all of the takeoff parts through. Just more money to line their pockets, people still buy those cars though. You can score some good deals through their Ebay sales though, I managed to pick up 6 piston 15" GT500 takeoff brakes for $750.

Fullboogie

King of the Ski - OG Jr.
Reaction score
The new body style is not going to lend itself to a unique look for the GT500.

Deez-67

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah they have an Ebay account that they sell all of the takeoff parts through. Just more money to line their pockets, people still buy those cars though. You can score some good deals through their Ebay sales though, I managed to pick up 6 piston 15" GT500 takeoff brakes for $750.

do share

irishpwr46

Official Site Vandal
Reaction score
db030bc1c016e3a99a15635ad30c159e453c5d3629ae318a454604a3fa0740ce.jpg

TW1NTRB0

forum member
Reaction score

Seller name is shelbyauctions found here http://stores.ebay.com/shelbyauctions?_rdc=1

They have been selling take off GT500 6 piston fronts with calipers, rotors, lines, shields and pads for the $800ish range for a while. You see a few people trying to flip them on the forums for like $1200 - $1500 from time to time but this is where they probably get them from. ShelbyAuctions also sells Baer and Willwoods at good prices too every now and then. They don't have anything listed right now but all I did was add them to my watched sellers list and check every couple days sorted by "time newly listed" and then watched the brake ads. I bought the first set I bid on for $756 shipped, arrived in nearly new condition. When they post them they usually post about 3 or 4 sets but with the GT500 run being over they may have run out from converting to Super Snakes. They are still a good place to get take-off parts from though such as wheels and superchargers.

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
I can rationalize the package cost on a GT500.... but 50K for the upfit is more than the SS conversion for the S197 and it's on a Mustang GT. I don't see any value.

Now if they swapped in a 5.4/5.8, then I could begin to see it.

claudermilk

Reaction score

:lol: That was my exact reaction when I saw the news story hit yesterday. There is such a ridiculous markup on anything with the Shelby name attached.

While I can respect the results of the Super Snake, I've never cared for the add-on body parts, and the S550 version looks even worse than the S197 IMHO.

Johnf78

forum member
Reaction score
I can rationalize the package cost on a GT500.... but 50K for the upfit is more than the SS conversion for the S197 and it's on a Mustang GT. I don't see any value.

Now if they swapped in a 5.4/5.8, then I could begin to see it.

^ this.

Deez-67

forum member
Reaction score
Seller name is shelbyauctions found here http://stores.ebay.com/shelbyauctions?_rdc=1

They have been selling take off GT500 6 piston fronts with calipers, rotors, lines, shields and pads for the $800ish range for a while. You see a few people trying to flip them on the forums for like $1200 - $1500 from time to time but this is where they probably get them from. ShelbyAuctions also sells Baer and Willwoods at good prices too every now and then. They don't have anything listed right now but all I did was add them to my watched sellers list and check every couple days sorted by "time newly listed" and then watched the brake ads. I bought the first set I bid on for $756 shipped, arrived in nearly new condition. When they post them they usually post about 3 or 4 sets but with the GT500 run being over they may have run out from converting to Super Snakes. They are still a good place to get take-off parts from though such as wheels and superchargers.

Cool thanks man

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back