2016 CompO "5.sl0w" S550 Project

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
^^^lol! I ordered the same DD map lights and reverse lights for my s197 during the Black Friday sale. You and I have very similar tastes in mustangs and mods, Trevor!

Grabber5.sl0w

forum member
Reaction score
^^^lol! I ordered the same DD map lights and reverse lights for my s197 during the Black Friday sale. You and I have very similar tastes in mustangs and mods, Trevor!

Lol! Nice! I knew I was going to buy them sooner or later, so I thought I might as well get them while they were 20% off! Did you ever end up PC'ing your calipers with that Grabber Blue powder?

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
Nah man, not yet. I have the gt500 take offs that are already a nice gloss black. I kinda don't want to mess with them. I am just trying to figure out what I can PC with the GB powder. Actually thinking about some under hood stuff. Not sure yet.

Last edited:

Grabber5.sl0w

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks guys!

Nah man, not yet. I have the gt500 take offs that are already a nice gloss black. I kinda don't want to mess with them. I am just trying to figure out what I can PC with the GB powder. Actually thinking about some under hood stuff. Not sure yet.

You won't regret getting those calipers PC'd, I'm telling ya! I'm pretty set on CompO on mine whenever I'm done driving it for the winter.

Couple pictures I took yesterday,

Before Airlift, Side view:
23188704006_dbf0fbad51_k.jpg

After Airlift and F14's, Side view:
23468285112_2e8b004a2c_k.jpg

Side view, ride height:
23550740466_4719539d06_k.jpg

And a front shot just because lol:
22948580354_0551d97043_k.jpg

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
What, no StanGAYnator front emblem?

:stir:

Ingwe

Sun, Sea, Sand and Camels
Reaction score
That looks absolutely awesome mate. Love it. Got the same planned for mine.

Any more info on the compressors? They look different to the other ones i've seen on S550 installs. Side mounted. Do they have the isolators on too?

Grabber5.sl0w

forum member
Reaction score

Any more info on the compressors? They look different to the other ones i've seen on S550 installs. Side mounted. Do they have the isolators on too?

Thanks! Sorry I didn't go into more detail on those. They are dual VIAIR 444c Compressors (Black Powdercoat). I was able to move to the mounting brackets from the bottom, to the side holes of the compressor with just an alan wrench. Yes, I also have the isolators attached to the bottom as well. They seem to be working pretty well as it's pretty quiet, but I don't really have a comparison to offer.

I really wanted to do a stealth install to where I could open the trunk and not even know anything was there. I'll upload a picture of the trunk with the cover over everything tonight. Let me know if you want any closer pictures of anything!

TaylorGT

forum member
Reaction score
This thread hits me in the feels. This was my car on forza in November of 2014. The want was real lol

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 20

Grabber5.sl0w

forum member
Reaction score
This thread hits me in the feels. This was my car on forza in November of 2014. The want was real lol

I have the same configured car in Forza 6 lol.

Here's some pics I took tonight. Top 2 are with the cover on, retains full trunk storage space. Bottom 2 are with the cover removed. Only Modification I had to do was cut the fuel nozzle attachment off at the bottom left.

23540339401_39a29ca5e1_k.jpg

22994541754_ec51e9d7c6_k.jpg

22995666993_1d17d9237f_k.jpg

23327007450_b9d2a7ef28_k.jpg

ford20

forum member
Reaction score
I never really was a fan of Competition Orange in all honesty but the way you have everything setup makes it just look so badass and amazing, I love it! Keep up the good work man!

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
Trevor... I think we made the right call getting you this car. I got the list of parts that need to be replaced in the one we ordered for you and now the parts are on national back order. This is 1 of 5 at one of our stores that has this recall and I won't be able to sell....

Pretty much all the seat belts and hardware has to be replaced.

Grabber5.sl0w

forum member
Reaction score
I never really was a fan of Competition Orange in all honesty but the way you have everything setup makes it just look so badass and amazing, I love it! Keep up the good work man!
Thanks man! The funny part is the exterior is pretty much stock except with Airlift and F14's.

Trevor... I think we made the right call getting you this car. I got the list of parts that need to be replaced in the one we ordered for you and now the parts are on national back order. This is 1 of 5 at one of our stores that has this recall and I won't be able to sell....

Pretty much all the seat belts and hardware has to be replaced.

Dang, that sucks man. I had a feeling we'd still be in the same boat well into Christmas even after the "week of Nov 30th" announcement. I'm just glad we were able to secure my car! If anything I'm more pleased with the additional next-gen race car amenities lmao.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back