2017 gt500

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
http://horsepowerkings.com/is-ford-getting-ready-to-announce-a-750-hp-svt-mustang/

Image21.jpg

Thoughts?

CPRsm

forum member
Reaction score
Make the squares in the bumper in the corners much smaller and you're on to something

Mystickeith50

forum member
Reaction score
I'm not sure how credible the article is but fuck yeah I will take one. North of 700hp and weighting less than 3600 pounds. Yup.

908ssp

forum member
Reaction score
Looks better than the GT350 except for that silly hood scoop. Let's see Ford has had hood vents to get hot air out and reduce front end lift from 2007 to 2014 then in 2017 they revert back to an antiquated technology that didn't work 30 years ago and doesn't work any better in 2017.

hotrod_renegade

Captain Hindsight
Reaction score

That Motor Trend article is from back in June. The article the op posted was written four days ago...

SVT is hard at work on the new GT500, according to fresh reports out of Dearborn. The powerplant is unknown at this time, but we are hearing that this engine could be “well over the 700HP mark”, all while “breathing through a straw”. Take it for what it’s worth, but we perceive that as a hint towards Forced Induction (low boost from the factory?).
Regardless, we expect this new beast to depart from the now highly-discussed Flat Plane Crank. Traditionally, the GT350 has always been aimed towards track use, while the GT500 is more of an earth-rotating, straight line freeway runner.
As far as power delivery, as you all know, the Hellcat is producing just north of 700HP, so we would be shocked if Ford doesn’t take it one step further.
“Our new SVT Halo Mustang will have more HP than the Hellcat” claims a Ford rep from a recent CNN interview. Hold on to your butts.

If this new behemoth will be a forced induction car, than we can safely assume that Ford will stick with the traditional lobe crankshaft, or at least depart from the 5.2L GT350 platform. The new GT350 if a high compression car, so running boost through it would require quite significant changes.
Another topic worthy of discussion is weight savings. We all know Ford has recently invested heavily in Aluminum materials and tooling, primarily for the new F-150 line – but SVT has also added a heavy dose of weight savings to the new GT350 in terms of carbon forged plastic and aluminum fenders. Could we see a new GT500 with more liberal use of aluminum? Could we see this car come in at 700+HP and weigh less than 3,600 lbs from the factory?
When can we expect some hard info on this new SVT Halo car? Time will tell, but our sources seem to believe that this car will be released 2017 model year, so we expect a preview in the Summer of 2015, if not sooner.

Bud

forum member
Reaction score
Was thinking, ya, would be awesome. But on 2nd thought just give me a BIW and I'll finish it how I best see fit.

Would be cool to see more HP than the hellcat and less weight though

Mr. Q

forum member
Reaction score
I WANT ONE NOW.

seriously, i think i might just keep my car completely stock and wait real patient like, for one of these.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back