3.2KB 3v Baseline Results

lskiller

forum member
Reaction score
This is nutty, when you say built you better mean seriously built lol my engines only rated @ 900 hp.

I have a Brenspeed B302 short block in the car.

I also run E85 exclusively for racing. It runs cooler and is much kinder to high hp motors than 93 octane. I watch my timing and monitor the engine like a hawk with datalogs. December 28, 2015 was the four year anniversary of me starting the engine for the first time - it's been a great motor!

lskiller

forum member
Reaction score
Tool steel wrist pins for sure.

OP: did you run a 3" or 3.5" collector on the header?

Sorry, I missed your question earlier...

I have ARH 1 7/8 headers with a 2.5" collector connecting to a catless ARH 2.5" mid-pipe and the stock 2.5" piping back to the Magnaflow straight pipe mufflers.

lskiller

forum member
Reaction score
So basically the 6200 kit includes the manifold, blower, intake, a pulley, belt and what else?

Probably an intercooler, pump and some plumbing. I already have a KB kit so in wondering what else I really would need. Just in case...

No, it comes with a very basic Bosch intercooler pump and a small intercooler. I had an AFCO dual fan intercooler but sold it and used the supplied KB intercooler and pump. I added a Killer Chiller, too, though - that's why I ditched the AFCO intercooler. FYI, it's cool here right now so the Killer Chiller was not on for any of my dyno runs. Not needed right now.

The KB kit was complete down to the last bolt and zip tie - quite impressive actually as to how complete the kit was. They supply everything for the basic install - all heater hose, clamps, brackets, etc. It came with my choice of two pulleys, too. I already had a Whipple setup before so I had fuel injectors, pumps, etc needed.

I did add a GI Joe 8 rib kit, also.

lskiller

forum member
Reaction score
LOL.

I'm sure you know why I asked. Corrected numbers are a good equalizer imo unless it's forced induction at 5000' which you clearly are not at. Uncorrected are nice to know to, just to know what the motor is actually feeling stress wise.

Thanks for the info. Good Lord that's gotta be a handful. Is there a goal or is it more of a "see what it will do" build? Will you get kicked off of the track when you break 10?

It's not really that bad - take some getting used to for sure. As far as goals... not really a hp goal but I want to be able to coast to 9 second 1/4 miles basically. I pushed my old Whipple 2.3L to the max and it was awesome but in the end I just ran out of blower. I got it down to a best of 10.12@137 and fully expect to run easy 9's with the KB once the tracks open up again.

I have a 6 pt NHRA rollbar already - I think it's good to 9.49 or 8.99 in the 1/4. I am looking at some sort of in cabin fire suppression system for the car as well.

If I do go to something like NMRA, though I'll keep the car in the 10's to avoid the headache associated with running 9's there. Pulley swap and simple tune adjustments will do that.

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Since potential 3.2 KB buyers will probably look this thread over, thought I would throw this out there. This is from a guy who sells a LOT of KB product.

"As for the KB 3.2L That is a great blower as long as you keep it within the RPM range they specify. I talked to Jim Bell last week and discussed the 3.2's. Since the testing that we did they have changed the port profile inside the case creating better clearance with the Rotor pack and to help with expansion of the rotors. Again, as long as its kept in the sweet spot RPM range it is a great performer. I am aware of some GT500's making good power on them. Not over spinning the crap out of them like we were doing causing rotor touchdown."

Bottom line, if you are buying used or new, make sure you get the latest generation head unit.

lskiller

forum member
Reaction score
I have not had any issues - no idea if it's the latest or not. I assume it's more RPM related than boost related. Mine has not spun into the 15,000rpm area yet - close but not quite. Once I hit 6500 rpm at the track it'll creep up to abotu 15,300rpm.

When I took my Whipple 2.3 apart for a rebuild it had scuffing all over the rotors but I never had any issues with it. I was spinning it closer to 18,000rpm, though.

The Kenne Bell 3.2LC blower is nothing but awesome so far for me.

Tracks open next month.

Timmbo

forum member
Reaction score
I have not had any issues - no idea if it's the latest or not. I assume it's more RPM related than boost related. Mine has not spun into the 15,000rpm area yet - close but not quite. Once I hit 6500 rpm at the track it'll creep up to abotu 15,300rpm.

When I took my Whipple 2.3 apart for a rebuild it had scuffing all over the rotors but I never had any issues with it. I was spinning it closer to 18,000rpm, though.

The Kenne Bell 3.2LC blower is nothing but awesome so far for me.

Tracks open next month.

I'm very much looking forward to seeing this thing tear up the track! Sick build my man! :happythumbs:

Couple questions. Are you running a 170 degree tstat? Are you running a stock or upgraded belt tensioner? I'm using a UPR billet tensioner on mine.

Last edited:

lskiller

forum member
Reaction score
I'm very much looking forward to seeing this thing tear up the track! Sick build my man! :happythumbs:

Couple questions. Are you running a 170 degree tstat? Are you running a stock or upgraded belt tensioner? I'm using a UPR billet tensioner on mine.

Hey, I have a Reische 170* t-stat. KB included a t-stat in the kit but I already had the Reische so used it.

I have the Thump Racing belt tensioner with an 8 rib belt setup. I expected slip with that 2.75 pulley but I haven't seen any indication of it yet. If slip becomes an issue at some point I may go to a 10% od crank pulley then back up to the 3.0 blower pulley. That would give me a very slight (1psi or so) increase in boost with the advantage of a larger blower pulley.

lskiller

forum member
Reaction score
Footnote to this story:

The car was insanely fast with the Kenne Bell 3.2LC blower. There were no issues at all with it. No rotors rubbing the case, no overheating, no unmanageable IATs, just instant, insane torque and power that was still rising at 6500RPM.

Unfortunately, I totaled the car in May :-[ I'm now shopping for something else. Maybe a Coyote car this time - the KB3.6 sounds like a good fit on that.

lskiller

forum member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear you totaled the car! Hopefully nobody got hurt, good luck on your hunt for a new one

Thanks. Yeah it sucked! lol

Single car incident with a guardrail. Airbag didn't even deploy. Guardrail caught the front of the car and bent it pretty good, though. Insurance totaled it instantly. Got all the drive train out and am selling that to help finance my next project.

RAWROUSH2

Reaction score
3.2LC kenne bell

Hey i have the 3.2LC kenne bell and have the 3.25" blower pulley n 6.5" lower @21psi. And 736rwhp 641tq with 20*. Peak power 7,200rpm. Im thinking of installing a 10% crank pulley that will put me around 24 to 25ish psi. Could u tell me what rpm the 3.2LC would be spinning? Thanks

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back