3v heads machined for standard plugs

V

VSOP

Does anyone here know of anyone that has there 3v heads machined to use a standard style spark plug..? I have my set of extra heads sitting here in my apartment and I have been getting ready to get things sorted out for having them worked on. So ontop of the P&P, Valves, Cams, etc mods I was looking at having the plugs changed over so it will be much more cost friendly for reading plugs with the blower.

So I'm looking for pricing info on the work and peoples experiance with the change over.

DynoJoe

cleaning out your closet
Reaction score
It will be tough to get them machined for a standard plug, the depth of the tip is what makes it hard.

I know we had some done to accept a HArley Davidson plug and they are a bit cheaper.

V

VSOP

I have seen a couple of places that sell ported 3v heads with a spark plug machining upgrade.

I think sutton was one of them but was over $500 for the upgrade..
Just wondering if anyone has done anything to change from the crappy ones we use now.

spyder7724

Reaction score
I have seen a couple of places that sell ported 3v heads with a spark plug machining upgrade.

I think sutton was one of them but was over $500 for the upgrade..
Just wondering if anyone has done anything to change from the crappy ones we use now.
yeah sutton is the only one i know of. i actually talked too them lastyear about that and they use some kind of 10mm plug??? so i'm not sure what kind of selection you'll be able to get even with those.
it's easier to stick with the HT plugs and just run methanol :)

Back