3v heads

Socal_Stang

Reaction score
Does any one know how much boost is to much for a stock 3v heads and cams setup? At what point would stock 3v heads become inefficient? Or would it be better asked, what RWHP would you need a port and cam swap?

Miracle

"Shall not be infringed"
Reaction score
You have guys in the 10's, and I think even a few that have touched the 9's with stock cams, and only minimal head work.

Socal_Stang

Reaction score
turbo pete ran a 9.9 on stock heads, cams, and springs with no work at all.

So all reality, head work is not holding these motors back at all. I was planing on running around 16-17 lbs of boost but didnt know if i was going to be holding my self back on from heads.

US-1

Banned
Reaction score
Plenty of people putting much more boost through them than that. Cylinder head flow is not a problem.

Socal_Stang

Reaction score
how much boost and how much power are you looking to make

Boost depends on what the local pump gas will allow. I do hope t run 15-16lbs tho. The motor i have is actually a 5.4 3v, but i know the heads are the same. But i am hoping for mid to upper 500's not sure how possible that is with the boost amount.

Socal_Stang

Reaction score
Ok, does any one have any recommendations on a rotating assemble set i could go with? I had planned on a Manly rods and Pistons.

Now ive been reading that blower cams will cause a lost in low end is this true?

aleborjas

forum member
Reaction score
you are worried for low end with whipple? the stock stuff work ok but you can make a little more power with better heads and cams (dont go big with cams) dont know why i like alot BBR 1 for this kind of set up i dont know if they make power but they are fast on the track!

Lon86

forum member
Reaction score
Ok guys I have a quick question. Right now I'm in the process of getting a forged rotating assembly, along with my trans bullet-proofed. My question is what is the max rwhp recommended for 91 octane?

zuritausmc

I love Red Bull
Reaction score
Ok guys I have a quick question. Right now I'm in the process of getting a forged rotating assembly, along with my trans bullet-proofed. My question is what is the max rwhp recommended for 91 octane?

Im not a guru on this but I do believe your compression ratio is going to be a factor in how much hp your tuner can dial you in for on our shitty 91 octane

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back