3v Rockers

Onelildude

forum member
Reaction score
I'm getting ready to redo my lash adjusters and rockers, and the only kit I can find is the Ford Performance kit, but i'm seeing a few instances were the follower's oiling holes aren't drilled out or the hole is extremely small. Is there another company that offers these? Would you guys drill them out to make them work right?

My car is a 2010 GT with 130K miles...

Onelildude

forum member
Reaction score
There are manufacturing flaws... FRPP didn't make them smaller. There would be no reason to make something that helps flow oil smaller, if anything they would bigger to allow more flow.

RED09GT

Equal Opportunity Offender
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I don't think any of the failures that I have come across for the roller followers have been due to a lack of oiling. I wouldn't worry about the size of the hole as I don't think it is an issue.

I de-burred a couple spots on mine and knocked down any casting marks or anything that could potentially be a weak spot. I probably won't run the engine hard enough to tell whether it made any difference or not but it made me feel better about it.

Freedom Racing (used to be a site sponsor) has the best price I've seen on anything valvetrain for the 3v's. They buy the Ford parts in bulk and a set of roller followers is $114 through them.

Other than the big $$ Jesel pieces, no one has stepped up to make roller followers for these things.

Last edited:

thump_rrr

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I'm getting ready to redo my lash adjusters and rockers, and the only kit I can find is the Ford Performance kit, but i'm seeing a few instances were the follower's oiling holes aren't drilled out or the hole is extremely small. Is there another company that offers these? Would you guys drill them out to make them work right?

My car is a 2010 GT with 130K miles...
I have a set of the FRPP rockers and lash adjusters and cannot find any issues with them.
Here is a pic of mine alongside a set out of an 05 with 85,000 miles.
The FRPP set has better looking holes than the factory parts.
IMG_0436.jpg

Marble

forum member
Reaction score
I'm glad I saw this because I was getting ready to buy these and didn't realize this kit was available.

Thanks gents!

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
valvetrain loads on ohc are a fraction of the old windsors and ls engines

I would never buy the billet parts

buy the ford racing, which are production parts with all of the tolerances that come with, roll the dice, and you'll probably get lucky.

Onelildude

forum member
Reaction score
I already purchased the FRPP kit, but it's on backorder from Ford so once they come in hopefully there were some revisions made to correct the flawed oiling holes.

RocketcarX

95% of my weight is fuel
Reaction score
I already purchased the FRPP kit, but it's on backorder from Ford so once they come in hopefully there were some revisions made to correct the flawed oiling holes.
Seems like everything FRPP makes is on back order lately

thump_rrr

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Seems like everything FRPP makes is on back order lately
I have a feeling that everything FRPP makes for the 3V is going the way of the Dodo bird.

I have been buying most of my parts for my engine build over the last 18 months and last spring the CNC ported heads were discontinued.
I called Tasca to see if they could find me a set and a helpful guy there sent me a list of which dealers showed stock.
I had to call all around the country and the only head I could locate that wasn't damaged was 1 right hand head in Ga. I luckily found the left head at Summit Racing.

RED09GT

Equal Opportunity Offender
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Try freedom racing. They are not the FRPP kit but their site was showing those items in stock earlier this week.

Vallee

forum member
Reaction score
I have a feeling that everything FRPP makes for the 3V is going the way of the Dodo bird.

I have been buying most of my parts for my engine build over the last 18 months and last spring the CNC ported heads were discontinued.
I called Tasca to see if they could find me a set and a helpful guy there sent me a list of which dealers showed stock.
I had to call all around the country and the only head I could locate that wasn't damaged was 1 right hand head in Ga. I luckily found the left head at Summit Racing.

Shit.... I've been looking for M-6049-N3VPA for well over a year with no luck...

20180204_205422.jpg

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
I'll never forget the day I got my FRPP 3v timing set with phasers and everything for $170! Thanks, Amazon!

Vallee

forum member
Reaction score
I just looked at my heads.
It was July 19th 2016.
Do you already have the left head?
I would call a Ford racing dealer and have them do a national search.
You may get lucky.

Wow July of 2016

About a year ago I called Ford Racing and ask them to help me locate one, the guy I talked to said sorry they're discontinued... and good luck finding one. they are no help...

It's a long story but I have already built a 3v engine using those CNC heads and I found another one online for another build I wanted to do but all I could find was a left head, I could never find the right side head...

I contacted Livernois who manufactured these heads for Ford Racing they could machine one for like $2,000 plus core that was alittle too much....

I really wish trick flow would come out with 3v performance heads. It's very depressing how FRPP 3v peformance parts, blocks, heads, etc.. are not being supported... it's almost like the 3v was the bastard child of Ford modular engine's..

And the coyotes took over...

20180402_205205.jpg

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back