5.0 or GT500 ?

gaijinR

Reaction score
As the title says i cant decide between those 2 .
I love the GT500 and the new 2011 5.0's look soo sexy , plus for the money I save I can spec the 5.0 up with after market upgrades ( supercharger ,suspension , exhaust .. etc ) .
Any help would be appreciated because i am really thinking about it .

JpMotorSport

Reaction score
If you're going to be spending this much and you're looking for the fastest car why not just start at the ultimate factory example first? I'd get the Shelby.

Randy_S_14

forum member
Reaction score
Dog-Not-Sure.jpg

gaijinR

Reaction score
Thank you for all your comments , but i forgot to add that im a track going guy , i dont like drag racing that much .. I mean do not get me wrong who doesnt like to smoke cars off the line in a traffic light , especially if its a Camaro ;)

gaijinR

Reaction score
nuff said. end of story

Well That sums it up for me ... now for the color hehe im thinkin kona blue w/white strips
or
sterling gray w/black strips .. doent really matter as long as i got my butt on the seat ;)

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
Think of it this way, who is the big daddy mustang?

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
OP please review our posting rules. This is not a tech topic. Moved.

gaijinR

Reaction score
stkjock ..
Sorry but i just wanted some help and input :$

VTXFrank

Obama SUCKS!
Reaction score
The GT500 comes supercharged from the factory, as you well know. But also, it's a 5.4L forged engine. The new 5.0L's are no where near as stout as the 5.4L is from the factory. There are easy upgrades that will take that GT500 even higher. Just a pulley swap, new intake, O/R X-Pipe and full 3" exhaust and you're pushing well close to 650hp safely whereas the 5.0L is at it's limits at 650. Even with a BAP, the fuel system just can't support more than that and I doubt the rotating assembly will either. Not to mention the better supporting seats, better gauges, better handling, etc.

Plus, it's a friggin GT500!!! A Cobra! Even if you road race, a few suspension upgrades and you're powering through corners like the 5.0L's can't. Plus you already have the brakes to support the higher power. It would be a no brainer for me and I'd of never asked this question. But since you did, there ya go.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Give some more details as to how the car will be used.

gaijinR

Reaction score
The GT500 comes supercharged from the factory, as you well know. But also, it's a 5.4L forged engine. The new 5.0L's are no where near as stout as the 5.4L is from the factory. There are easy upgrades that will take that GT500 even higher. Just a pulley swap, new intake, O/R X-Pipe and full 3" exhaust and you're pushing well close to 650hp safely whereas the 5.0L is at it's limits at 650. Even with a BAP, the fuel system just can't support more than that and I doubt the rotating assembly will either. Not to mention the better supporting seats, better gauges, better handling, etc.

Plus, it's a friggin GT500!!! A Cobra! Even if you road race, a few suspension upgrades and you're powering through corners like the 5.0L's can't. Plus you already have the brakes to support the higher power. It would be a no brainer for me and I'd of never asked this question. But since you did, there ya go.

Thank you for all that , it shows how much you really thought about it , i am a mustang nut i love everything mustang , especially the GT500 it gives me a feeling no other car will , but i just asked the question to put my mind at ease so that when i get my car i know i made the right choice .
As for how the car will be used , mostly for the week ends ( as i work 12 hour shifts these days and i have a F150 as a daily driver to and from work ) and to track days but the nearest track is about 200 miles away so it has to be a track weekend instead of a track day :)

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
GT500s can be tracked with a few cooling mods, H/E, Rad, and your GTG

gaijinR

Reaction score
yes i was planning to do just that , H/E , Smaller pulley , CAI , suspension and a good tune and thats it ... maybe in future i will do a shifter mod but i dont know , and if you dont mind me asking whats GTG ? :$

Back